Linux Mint 9 LXDE released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Linux Mint 9 LXDE released!

Post by clem »

The team is proud to announce the release of Linux Mint 9 LXDE. Linux Mint 9 LXDE New features at a glance: New LXDM Display Manager Improved PCManFM2 file manager New Software Manager 30,000 packages Review applications straight from the Software Manager APT daemon Visual improvements New Backup Tool Incremental backups, compression, integrity checks Backup/Restoration of the software [...]
Announcement: http://www.linuxmint.com/blog/?p=1473
Dave68

Re: Linux Mint 9 LXDE released!

Post by Dave68 »

Great release! I've been using the RC for awhile, and I hope it can be upgraded to the LTS through the Update Manager.

Thanks Again,
Dave
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Post by JoeFootball »

Dave68 wrote:I've been using the RC for awhile, and I hope it can be upgraded to the LTS through the Update Manager.
That is my understanding.

Joe
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Post by rivenathos »

As always, excellent news on a new release.
Current hardware: a Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop, a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.
Current OS: LMDE 3
genothomas
Level 1
Level 1

Post by genothomas »

thanks
genothomas
Level 1
Level 1

Post by genothomas »

roman7

Post by roman7 »

:D my best. THANK YOU :mrgreen:
stormfede

Post by stormfede »

I have the LXDE version up running on my laptop, great work guys. This is a great release!
Hutch

Post by Hutch »

Hi, I had a problem with login as my password used a space and a character. It was accepted during installation but not at login :? I had to re-install and create analpha/numeric p/w. Seems thre may be others who have ran into this.
ddalley
Level 4
Level 4

Post by ddalley »

So far, I've made two discs, from two different sources, on two different computers.
Both end up at boot:

No joy yet.
lizzibet

Post by lizzibet »

no 64bit

pcmanfm doesn't have a select by file type option

no cli option for install to put lxde on top of 64bit install

it's not that i don't appreciate the effort.... it just isn't the thing i want it to be
gychang

Post by gychang »

great distro, using the 32bit now on my laptop.

waiting for 64bit for my main PC..., thanks for all those who make these possible.

gychang
mcoumans

Post by mcoumans »

On an old Pentium4 laptop, I'm running LinuxMint9 Gnome-edition (500MB RAM, 60Gb HD, 12Mb video).
Gnome works fine, just seems a bit heavy and slowing things (don't o much on it though except surf (FF& Chromium), read (pfd), look at pictures (Geeqie).

What is a simple way to get LXDE running instead? Just to try a "light" Mint and see if it's better.
Silent Warrior
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Silent Warrior »

The simple way is to install LXDE (if there's no meta-package, pick 'em all in Synaptic), then at your display manager (GDM, most likely) simply select to start an LXDE-session instead of Gnome. Note that LXDE also has a DM of their own now (LDM?). Replacing those things is always scary, but I can offer some reassurance that I'm running it at another computer (though it's running Arch, not Mint) and I haven't had any problem with that particular component to date.
snodgrss1984

Post by snodgrss1984 »

still no hardware drivers

Return to “Releases & Announcements”