New to Mint and this forum but not much else

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
GregBrannon

New to Mint and this forum but not much else

Post by GregBrannon »

Hi! I've been using Linux (Puppy, Knoppix, Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, Mandriva) for about 4 years and just recently began trying other distros as I've acquired recycled hardware. I still have to use Windows (XP SP3) at work, and I have a Mac PB G4 with OS X 5.8 Leopard that I love just the way it is. I heard good things about Mint/KDE and decided I'd try it next. Since the live session worked flawlessly and it is installing similarly, I've decided to give it a long-term test on one of my older laptops.

I live in southern Maryland, work as an Avionics Engineer, and am a computer hobbyist including digital image editing and programming, most recently studying Java on my own. When the weather's good, I'm wake boarding, skiing, and tubing with my family and friends on the Patuxent River in our small sport boat or sailing competitively and for fun with a friend in his sailboats.

I gave this forum a quick look before registering, and was further encouraged to pursue a Mint install because it is fairly active, well moderated, and attended by friendly, helpful people. I hope to become a contributing member and look forward to meeting you all as we share the knowledge we gain along our journey.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: New to Mint and this forum but not much else

Post by tdockery97 »

Hi and welcome to the Mint community. With your well-rounded linux experience over the past 4 years, I'm sure your observations and contributions will be helpful to all of us. Have fun with Mint.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
gordon.cooke

Post by gordon.cooke »

Welcome to Mint!
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Post by lakehousetech »

Welcome to Mint! I used to live in Annapolis about ten years ago. Maryland is gorgeous! Glad to see another engineer join the ranks! Cheers!
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello GregBrannon,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information on the community site too http://community.linuxmint.com/
Have fun with Mint

Return to “Introduce Yourself”