Removing Menu

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fluxboxforever

Removing Menu

Post by fluxboxforever »

Hi guys, I'm having some trouble with Linux Mint.

Version: Linux Mint 9 Fluxbox

Ok, so you know how whenever you boot up Linux MInt, there's that menu with 4 icons and the clock at the bottom? I want to remove that so I can fit a dock in there, but for some reason, I can't seem to edit it, and you only edit the "invisible toolbar", that looks similar to the one in Linux Mint 8 Fluxbox. Can anyone help me, I'm really new to this, and I can't seem to remove it whatsoever. Please help me!!!

Thank you :D !
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: Removing Menu

Post by viking777 »

Open ~/.fluxbox (in other words its a hidden folder in your home partition). In there you will find quite a lot of stuff. Look for a line like this;

Code: Select all

session.screen0.toolbar.tools:	prevworkspace, workspacename, nextworkspace,iconbar, systemtray, clock
I am not sure exactly what you want to do but since you mentioned the clock, if I wanted to remove the clock from my system I would delete the word 'clock' at the end of the line :D

Isn't flux marvellous! So easy even I can use it :lol:

The other desktops have all lost their way, it is about simplicity and control, or it should be.

Return to “Software & Applications”