Why, hello there!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Hexagon

Why, hello there!

Post by Hexagon »

Hey! I just recently discovered Mint and finally decided to give it a go and it's great! The only other interaction I have had with Linux was through Ubuntu and although it was fast and easy to use, I still felt that I wasn't quite ready for it. Here I am with Mint now, however, and it's even easier to use and comes with everything I need. I have already installed it for some family members and would have it myself by now had I not spent the cash on Windows 7 after Ubuntu and Windows Vista didn't cut it. Considering that I now know of Mint, Windows 7 will likely be my last Windows operating system. That is, until I have to get a new laptop!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
_Matt

Re: Why, hello there!

Post by _Matt »

Welcome, I am new to Linux Mint, and this community myself!

I also tried Ubuntu then made the switch to mint, it really is easier. Hopefully as my knowledge with mint expands I will be ready for Ubuntu.
isadora

Post by isadora »

Hexagon wrote:That is, until I have to get a new laptop!
And buy a new laptop without OS, saves you some pecunia.
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

_Matt wrote:Welcome, I am new to Linux Mint, and this community myself!

I also tried Ubuntu then made the switch to mint, it really is easier. Hopefully as my knowledge with mint expands I will be ready for Ubuntu.
Thanks! I myself believe that I will stick with Mint since it worked right off the bat whereas Ubuntu gave me a few issues here and there. First impressions matter! Why would you want to switch to Ubuntu when Mint is so much more user friendly?
isadora wrote:
Hexagon wrote:That is, until I have to get a new laptop!
And buy a new laptop without OS, saves you some pecunia.
Who sells laptops without an operating system? I am currently on an HP and plan on getting a Dell whenever I need to.
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

Hexagon wrote:Who sells laptops without an operating system? I am currently on an HP and plan on getting a Dell whenever I need to.
Hi Hexagon,

Welcome to the Linux Mint community.

Typically, only online smaller businesses make it easy to buy an computer/laptop with no OS installed. I found a list of different vendors that offer computers with Linux or no OS, it is however, quite old and may be outdated information. -> http://lxer.com/module/forums/t/23168/

I know for sure http://www.powernotebooks.com offers no OS's on their laptops.
jesica

Post by jesica »

welcome to the forum

Return to “Introduce Yourself”