Hello World!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jroa

Hello World!

Post by jroa »

Hello everyone. I had a friend several years ago who was a die-hard Linux user. He would tell me how much better Linux was than Windows, and then later in the conversation I would hear about his war stories about getting drivers and devices to work in Linux, so I decided Linux was probably not for me. Now, I am an EE student and some of my future classes will deal with Unix network administration. So I decided to go ahead and get some Linux experience so I might have a heads up when I start using Unix.

I started off with Fedora just because I think I read somewhere that it was supposed to be an easy distro for Windows users to get used to. I then switched to Ubuntu, just to see what the differences were. I did not notice a whole lot. I read some reviews about Mint and decided to give it a try. Windows is still my primary OS, mainly just because I have not been able to do everything that I need to for school with the Linux distros. I am downloading Mint as I type this, and I am planning to overwrite the Ubuntu partition with it.

Anyway, it is great to be here and I hope you guys have some patience for the noob questions that I will be asking in the future. Nice to meet all of you and I hope to get to know you all better.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
proxima_centauri

Re: Hello World!

Post by proxima_centauri »

I hope the install goes well for you.
Welcome to the Linux Mint community :D , the forums and IRC help channel (XChat in the menu), are great resources for support.
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

I will start off by saying that I am a greater n00b than you and yet I don't have any issues with Mint! You will probably find it to be very easy to use. The community seems friendly so far as well so I do hope you stay, especially since your degree is pretty relevant and you will likely be able to help future users!
jroa

Post by jroa »

Thanks for the welcome guys. I am already having some issues getting Mint to see my router, but I will search the forums to see if this has already been discussed.
jesica

Post by jesica »

firendly welcome from my side

Return to “Introduce Yourself”