It's about time I introduce myself...

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
madeye

It's about time I introduce myself...

Post by madeye »

OK. Not that I have anything that interesting to reveal :)

I've been using Linux since about '98. It's around that time I started to fool around with Mandrake, although I already tried out Slackware back in '95. At that time however I hadn't used a PC for more than a couple of month, and couldn't seem to get a graphical front end working. Later I found that it was due to my lousy monitor :? It didn't support the standard resolutions, and creating modelines for X was still way beyond me.
The PC had windows 3.11 on it, and I was used to working with a graphical front end from my Amiga 1200 and 500, so I (for the time being) had to admit defeat.

From '98 and forward I have tried various Linux distros. They all have their pros and cons. Claiming that one is better than the other is very depended on your own needs. That being said I like the ease of use that Mint gives me. I've used it since Daryna (4.0) and use it as my main Linux distro on my laptop. My server and workstation however use other distros.

I've always been interested in how things work, so it's only natural that I keep trying a lot of different programs and distros. Lately however I have begun to program a little again. This includes C for the atmel AVR micro controllers, but also web programming with PHP/HTML(5) and (almost) everything that goes with it.

So. That's a little about me. If you should have any questions, I would be happy to try and answer them. Keep up the good work folks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dawgdoc

Re: It's about time I introduce myself...

Post by dawgdoc »

Welcome to the community madeye.

I wonder if the Rowlings books have been read in your household over the last few years. :wink:
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome to your first post. I can't say welcome to Mint because you've been using it much longer than a lot of us. I can't say that you may find the forums helpful, because you've been using Linux for so long that you will most likely be helping us. But I can say that we are very glad you are here!
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello madeye,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
I don't need to tell you where everything is...looks like you found it already.
Have fun
madeye

Post by madeye »

Thanks for the welcome.

@dawgdoc,
How could you guess about Rowling? :D

@tdockery97,
It's true I've been using Mint for a while, but I still learn something new from time to time. I will try to help where I can though.

@oscar799,
Oh, I already have fun. Think of all those hours used for something useful (linux :wink: ).
jesica

Post by jesica »

friendly welcome :mrgreen:
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

madeye wrote:@dawgdoc,
How could you guess about Rowling? :D
I detected the tone of intermittent variable strabismus in your original post. :lol:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”