New excited user...

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
biocmp

New excited user...

Post by biocmp »

Hello everyone,

I am a new linux user and i am excited. I am posting this after a fresh linux mint install. I'm going to try to add OSX like buttons now and maybe get into a little bit of conky

I hope I am able to give something back at some point, but I am "fresh meat" so I don't expect to be a contributor for a solid decade or so :)

If anyone has any suggested reading, I would love to hear it
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: New excited user...

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello biocmp,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information and suggested reading for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 58#p302358
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
For real-time help there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
Have fun with Mint
bobcollard

Post by bobcollard »

Welcome. Start with the user guide on this page: http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Hi biocmp, and welcome to the Mint community. It won't take a decade. Every time you ask for help just remember the solution you find. Soon you will come across someone else with the same situation and you can suggest the solution to them. You'll be contributing in no time.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Robin

Post by Robin »

Actually my experience has been so trouble-free that I've learned almost all my troubleshooting in other distros! But some of it is usable here and on Ubuntu, Debian, and their offshoots. Mint has taught me little in the way of troubleshooting, but a lot in the way of customizing my desktop and making the most of my computer!

Welcome to Mint!

-Robin
jesica

Post by jesica »

friendy welcome
colyn

Post by colyn »

biocmp wrote:Hello everyone,
Welcome to the forum..
biocmp wrote: I am a new linux user and i am excited. I am posting this after a fresh linux mint install. I'm going to try to add OSX like buttons now and maybe get into a little bit of conky
You are a brave one....I've been working on my conky all weekend and now have my first prototype up and running..
biocmp wrote: I hope I am able to give something back at some point, but I am "fresh meat" so I don't expect to be a contributor for a solid decade or so :)

If anyone has any suggested reading, I would love to hear it
You may be surprised how fast you'll learn and be helping others..
biocmp

Post by biocmp »

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I can tell that this is a community worth being a part of!

I look forward to continually learning

Return to “Introduce Yourself”