Weird problem

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Some people are getting this... it seems to be some hardware incompatibility. To be honest, I have absolutely no idea what causes this to happen. I get this when I run Linux Mint in QEMU.

Clem
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tumbleweed
Level 1
Level 1

Post by tumbleweed »

samething that happened to frail happened to me. Haven't seen it since.
ambertone
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ambertone »

Hi there, I've had this error message with 50% of the machines I've installed Mint on. From PIII to P4's and later LGA775 stuff. Once you click it it's gone.

The mouse freeze up is your real problem. If using a USB mouse try a PS-2 mouse and visa versa. If a USB mouse make sure "USB mouse support" is turned on in the machines BIOS. (if it has that setting)

Rod
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

darkNiGHTs wrote:But what about my keyboard then?
I had the problem that my PS/2 keyboard would freeze. It's apparently a known bug in Ubuntu 6.10 ... My workaround was to connect my keyboard to a USB port instead. Now it works without problem.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

I had a look around about that gnome warning message. It happens not only in Ubuntu but in Fedora, SUSE, Slackware..etc. I couldn't find any satisfying answers about it... some people talked about a bug in xlib, others about missing package, myself I think it's to do with the hardware... I'm glad it's not Linux Mint specific, but again I really can't explain why it does it in the first place.

Clem
nick
Level 5
Level 5

Post by nick »

My PS2 keyboard did not function in Edgy, not even when attempting to install, The same with Etch
I disabled "usb keyboard" and disabled "enable usb legacy devices" in bios and all is now fine, maybe of some help
Card=Nvidia
Did find keyboard worked OK if I unplugged all usb devices at boot, and was OK on Suse and Gentoo
Regards - Nick

Return to “Other topics”