Greetings from Massachusetts

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
notty

Greetings from Massachusetts

Post by notty »

Hi my name is Tom

I started using Mint 8 with a virtual box in Windows 7 mostly to play around with Android ROMS and I found myself pretty much living in it. So I decided to do a one month dual boot trial. Well I lasted two weeks.... I absolutely hated it, Windows that it is. At the end of two weeks I wiped my drive, installed Mint permanently and I'm never looking back. I love the community, the resources available and most of all the learning experience. Mint is simply a pleasure to use.

Thank you Mint Team :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Greetings from Massachusetts

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome Tom (my name is Tom also). Agree that Mint is indeed a pleasure to use.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello Tom,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 58#p302358
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
For real-time help there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
Have fun with Mint
jesica

Post by jesica »

friendly welcome from my side
SMT

Post by SMT »

Hello Tom,

And greetings from Rhode Island!. Like you i started using Linux to mess around with stuff outside the windows world and found that there was nothing i couldnt do with mint that i could do with windows. Boots in less than half the time, got rid of that god awful blue, and found myself a part of an excellent community. I have tried several other distros, including ubuntu, mandriva, #!Crunchbang, and others. I will tell you that the mint community is absolutely the best. Like Oscar mentioned the community website is a great place to voice your opinions, and the IRC channels are always full of helpful individuals. If you are interested in the Local Linux scene in the Boston / Providence area, PM me and i can send you the info for several very active local groups.

Enjoy Mint, hack it, fork it, play with it, with mint all of a sudden your computer is fun again.

Thanks

SMT

Return to “Introduce Yourself”