nautilus-elementary

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
off220

nautilus-elementary

Post by off220 »

hi, community. Tried LMDE and like it a lot. The only thing i miss is nautilus-elementary. Is here a way to install it on LMDE with latest updates?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Tibuda

Re: nautilus-elementary

Post by Tibuda »

Yes, it is available from this repository: http://hadret.rootnode.net
off220

Post by off220 »

thanx, it works great. And thank all of the MintTeam.. .
gotjazz

Post by gotjazz »

hrm another thing I'd like to have but this repo is quite big - a shame there aren't more single-application repos for debian the way lots of launchpads ppas for ubuntu work. As far as I can see this one doesn't have anything "dangerous" on it, but it still doesn't exatcly make me feel good to have another repo with mint-sommon etc. on it (although its unlikely this will ever have higher versions than the original you never know - does the maintainer get them from lmde or from the ubuntu-based mint? And does that even matter?)

edit: also, this repo has no "testing" branch so there might be dependency problems for some things sometimes if one isn't runnign a mixed system anyway
pampero

Post by pampero »

Um...I tried this and accidentally downgraded to nautilus 2.26.2...now I don't even know how to get 2.32 back :oops:

Any ideas?
gotjazz

Post by gotjazz »

hrm not quite easily I'm afraid - the nautilus version from hadret's unstable branch was removed. he does have another one in the experimental branch (and it has dependencies from the debian experimental repos) but i couldn't get that one to work on my unstable install which i use exactly to play around with stuff like this....
pampero

Post by pampero »

Just after I mistakenly downgraded to the "latest version" I noticed that the elementary upgrade was available in the mint upgrade window I had left open.

If I can upgrade directly to elementary from 2.26, that would be great :?
TheGreatSudoku

Post by TheGreatSudoku »

I miss nautilus-elementary too. I'm a bit iffy though on installing all the experimental core packages. For those who have successfully installed nautilus-elementary, have you had any stability issues?

Return to “LMDE Archive”