bad burning dvd

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ramint
Level 1
Level 1

bad burning dvd

Post by Ramint »

Hello everyone,
Well I hope that this is the place for this post.
//Edit by moderator/ No community-Random is not the place/

My problem started when I backup ed my files on a dvd, in order to format the hdd. When I insert the dvd it worked fine and the os can read the files along with the extension. I tried to open an image file I got the following message:"couldn't load image 'xyxy.jpg' image has zero width. But when I open other type of file it will open, like word file.

the dvd was burned from Windows XP, using nero.

had anybody experienced such a problem. how can I fix it. :(
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

This was a difficult one to google :)
Zero width indicates an empty file. If the file still has the right size it is corrupted - one way or the other. I vaguely remember this error from several years ago and I think it then had to with a mismatch of some kind. Not really helpful :)
You burned in XP - does this happen in XP or in Linux or both?
There are some discrepancies in how CDs are burned and handled by the two
Ramint
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Ramint »

This was a difficult one to google
Zero width indicates an empty file. If the file still has the right size it is corrupted - one way or the other. I vaguely remember this error from several years ago and I think it then had to with a mismatch of some kind. Not really helpful
You burned in XP - does this happen in XP or in Linux or both?
There are some discrepancies in how CDs are burned and handled by the two
thank you Husse for your time and research.
Well the file has the right size. so it's corrupted :(
the error happens in both OS's xp and Linux. the difference is, Linux tells you what's the problem while xp no just doesn't open it.
thanks again Huuse
Sorry for posting in this place, moderator can remove it.
thanks
Husse

Post by Husse »

The post is in the right forum now :)
As the error appears in both Linux and XP it is not a case where it has been burned in some "Windows only" way which may happen. Yes probably the files are corrupt. You better check the other files for errors

Return to “Other topics”