Easy Install ATI Proprietary Drivers

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
blowtorch

Easy Install ATI Proprietary Drivers

Post by blowtorch »

1. Open Synaptic Package Manager and search for: fglrx-control (it will install all necessary fglrx packages) and Apply.

2. Open up a terminal type the following 2 commands.
su
aticonfig --initial

3. ctrl+alt+backspace (restart x)

4. Bob's your Uncle!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Gotenks

Re: Easy Install ATI Proprietary Drivers

Post by Gotenks »

Tested with liqurix kernel. Thanks!
SattaiLanfear

Post by SattaiLanfear »

Edit: Resolved (See next post)

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work for me, and I'm kind of at a loss.

I've followed these instructions (and done a clean reinstall and tried again) and for some reason I just get stuck at a black screen with, if I'm lucky, a blinking cursor. I was able to switch to a vterm and pull this from the X11 logs:

firegl_SetSuspendResumeState Failed -9

Also, I noticed that during bootup, I see a "address space collision on of device" message pop up. I'm not sure if it's related since I think it's referring to device 0:0:0, it's kinda writing on top of other text at the time.

This system previously ran Mint 9 with the ATI proprietary drivers with no issue. Unfortunately, I seem kinda forced to use the proprietary drivers because I'm running audio over HDMI to a TV, and between the audio and the overscanning problems I can't really stick with that.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks.
SattaiLanfear

Post by SattaiLanfear »

Ah... sorry, looks like either I did something stupid or the package manager did. Probably me, but I don't know how.

I went to install the ssh server so I could more easily pull data off of the logs and it announced that it hadn't finished configuring the driver, and proceeded to build it. I dunno how I interrupted it, or if for some reason it decided not to finish during installation. Once it was done, I tried relaunching gdm3 and everything was working.

False alarm, sorry and thanks for those who may have started looking into my problem before I got this post up.
burhangondal

Post by burhangondal »

Thanks, It's perfect.... after the command, jus restart ur computer and now i have ATI Proprietary Drivers installed in Linux Mint Debian (LMDE). I was getting a very bad battery life without these drivers like around not even 2 hours on a 9 cell battery and now i m getting like over 4 overs of battery life.....Thanks again OP.

Return to “LMDE Archive”