Where is ~/.xinitrc in fluxbox? (alt: random wallpaper?)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sevil

Where is ~/.xinitrc in fluxbox? (alt: random wallpaper?)

Post by sevil »

Hello everyone,

I just installed LM9F and was searching for a way to change my wallpaper randomly every x minutes or so. I found a script at the the ArchWiki for feh, (http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Feh ... er_manager) but there is a slight problem: I can't find the ~/.xinitrc file where I am supposed to put it. If someone could just point me in the right direction, that would be great^^ (yes, I tried catfish)

Maybe there is another way to have random wallpapers? If you know one, please let me know (and assume I don't really know that much about where to find things).

Thank you for your time!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Clyde Machine

Re: Where is ~/.xinitrc in fluxbox? (alt: random wallpaper

Post by Clyde Machine »

I would very much like an answer to this question myself, as I'd like to have randomized wallpaper changes since I have so many wallpapers.
piratesmack

Post by piratesmack »

Should be a hidden file in your home folder if it exists (not sure if it does or not in Mint Fluxbox edition)

If not, you can put the code in $HOME/.fluxbox/startup (Make sure you put it before the 'exec fluxbox' line)
Clyde Machine

Post by Clyde Machine »

Though for GNOME, I've found Drapes (or Desktop Drapes) to be an effective solution for my needs. It doesn't open on startup like it's set to, and quits unexpectedly when you slide the "timed selection" slider, but other than that it's worked perfect for a simple desktop changer. :)

http://maketecheasier.com/desktop-drape ... 2008/07/29

Return to “Software & Applications”