WG311v3 wireless driver

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
verden

WG311v3 wireless driver

Post by verden »

I installed LMDE today and tried to install the WG311v3.INF driver via Windows Wireless Drivers and it fails to install. I get a message in part asking if the ndiswrapper module is installed. When i check, ndiswrapper is installed. I have no problem installing the driver in numerous distro's including LM9, any ideas would be great as Debian has always been a favorite distro.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
steveo314
Level 2
Level 2

Re: WG311v3 wireless driver

Post by steveo314 »

in synaptic search for and install libertas-firmware and reboot and report back.
debian or bust
verden

Post by verden »

I will have to reinstall lmde on my desktop as i just installed LM9 again to get internet conectivity.
I also installed this on my Toshiba laptop with only one problem. My Huawei 169E is recognised and i can configure the connection details but it won't logon to the internet. Again the huawei 169e works on many linux distros out of the box including LM9. any ideas? :-)
verden

Post by verden »

I've just done quite a large update on my laptop and after rebooting my Huawei 169E now connects to the internet.
verden

Post by verden »

Ok i had some time today and reinstalled LMDE. I connected to the internet via very very long ethernet cable and did all the updates. Libertas-firmware is installed and when i go to install my windows wireless driver i still get a message saying that the ndiswrapper module is not installed, so no wireless connection.
rob0917

Post by rob0917 »

I'm having the same trouble on old IBM Thinkpad A21m. Hope both of us get a reply soon as to how to fix this.
verden

Post by verden »

Yeah i hope so, but i'm using LM9 while i wait.

Return to “LMDE Archive”