{SOLVED]fluxbox: conky dissapear after fullscreen app.

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
danielninja

{SOLVED]fluxbox: conky dissapear after fullscreen app.

Post by danielninja »

My conky dissapeares from the desktop after i use an application un fullscreen mode.
Could someone please tell me why?
I used to use crunchbang linux, it had conky by default and it never dissapear..

Thanks for your time.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
shane
Level 5
Level 5

Re: fluxbox: conky dissapear after fullscreen app.

Post by shane »

I am not sure why it would do that... First, you could check if Conky is still running by checking the output of something like 'ps aux' or using your system monitor (e.g. htop). If it is running, maybe you could try changing which layer Conky is rendered at in your .conkyrc. I am not sure what the options are. You will have to look that up. I think 'widget' and 'desktop' are options... (It has been a while since I used Conky). My guess is that the problem is the wallpaper is being rendered over Conky.

I hope I'm pointing you in the right direction.
mikhou

Re: fluxbox: conky dissapear after fullscreen app.

Post by mikhou »

I don't think that it's a fluxbox thing. I am running LMDE and had the same thing happen. Make sure that your "own_window_type" is set to override. That did it for me.

mikhou

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”