Linux Mint 9 and LMDE' Video Driver

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Joylove

Linux Mint 9 and LMDE' Video Driver

Post by Joylove »

Was using LM9 and always had to rely on X11 whenever using Mplayer/Smplayer since the XV / XV - Intel didn't worked. However under LMDE I can select XV for a better video performance.

Need info on what to modify to enable XV on a LM9 based install.

Also I tried looking for a xorg.conf in /etc/X11/ but it was absent.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Linux Mint 9 and LMDE' Video Driver

Post by richyrich »

different kernels, and different driver modules. . the two won't interchange !

I use smxi to install the latest nvidia drivers on my LMDE testbox, and they state:
smxi is an interactive script designed to help people maintain their systems. It supports Debian (Stable, Testing, and Sid) and true Debian based distros (sidux, AntiX, Mepis). It does not support Ubuntu based distros because there are too many differences between Debian and Ubuntu.
http://smxi.org/site/about.htm

BUT . . you may want to look at sgfxi (little farther down the smxi page above) . . . I've no experience with it ? . .
The primary purpose of sgfxi is to install non-free graphics drivers. It also supports removing non-free graphics drivers and replacing them with the free version. To do this it cleans out the system of any previous drivers, then installs the latest versions of the driver you have requested.

Support for Ubuntu and Arch Linux has been added to sgfxi, so now it should work in most areas in Debian, Ubuntu, and Arch.
good luck, richy
Joylove

Re: Linux Mint 9 and LMDE' Video Driver

Post by Joylove »

thanks. I'll be gambling using LM9 LXDE

Return to “LMDE Archive”