Hi all.

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MrDX

Hi all.

Post by MrDX »

I am switching to Linux. I am done with Windows! I spend almost 1k on Anti virus anything each year on 7 systems and viruses still get in and screw with what ever it's designed to do. Of course that is not all and you all have heard it all before so I wont repeat it. I Am Just Done!

I started out with the $5000 PC/XT/AT systems back when they were hard to buy and only a big company could buy them and afford the $150 an hour tech support guy to come out and fix it. So I collected broken systems from companies and started playing with them. I fixed them and sold them to anyone who would buy them for cheep. Lots of fun!
So, I have been building CPU's since then.

So as many others, I am trying to decide on a Linux OS.

From hear I will post my questions in the forum.

Steve
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dawgdoc

Re: Hi all.

Post by dawgdoc »

Steve,

Welcome to the Mint Community. I hope we will be able to ease your transition.

Check out this thread, it offers tips and "tricks of the trade" and has links to a number of guides and tutorials. Also, there is a tutorial section in the Linux Mint Community Site.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello Steve,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is realtime help available on IRC, open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be connected automatically to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
If you decide to try out LMDE (Linux Mint Debian Edition) there is a dedicated IRC channel for that #linuxmint-debian and a dedicated LMDE section of the forum
Have fun
MrDX

Post by MrDX »

Thank you Gentlemen. Great info to get started. :)

dawgdoc: Is that you enjoying the free fall. I have just over 4k jumps. (Military jumps)

Steve
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

MrDX wrote:dawgdoc: Is that you enjoying the free fall. I have just over 4k jumps. (Military jumps)
Steve
Yes, that's me. 35 military jumps from 90 to 93 (JFKSWC and 44th Med BDE), and 275 sport jumps.
MrDX

Post by MrDX »

Doc, thats Great. 1983 - 1989 82nd ABN - Spec ops. Glad to meet a fellow Paratrooper. I am so glad you Medics were around. Thanks for doing what you did... :)

Steve
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Hi Steve and welcome to the community. And @ both you and dawgdoc: ARE YOU CRAZY? :lol: :lol: I can see jumping in the military, but there is no way I could jump out of a perfectly good airplane for fun. :lol:

Tom
Retired Navy
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

tdockery97 wrote:... there is no way I could jump out of a perfectly good airplane for fun. :lol:

Tom
Retired Navy
Who says I ever did. I mean they flew, but get real, perfectly good :lol: :lol: NO WAY
Our Cessna 182 is 55 years old, our Cessna 206 is about the same, and the Pilatus Porter PC-6 that was in last weekend may be older.
As a Chinook, CH-47, crew chief I met said "If it ain't leaking hydraulic fluid, I won't get in it. It must be out."
Littlejenny

Post by Littlejenny »

hi there, I also were a window's user, but one time i try to install Linux in my PC, so now, goodbye to Window :D
Last edited by Littlejenny on Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Hi Littlejenny, and welcome to the Mint community. We're happy to have you here.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
MrDX

Post by MrDX »

tdockery97 wrote:Hi Steve and welcome to the community. And @ both you and dawgdoc: ARE YOU CRAZY? :lol: :lol: I can see jumping in the military, but there is no way I could jump out of a perfectly good airplane for fun. :lol:

Tom
Retired Navy
Haha... Well, since I never took care of the planes, I don't know if they were "good". According to a few crew chiefs I talk to, they we not always in the best working order. So it was best just to get out... :) And that plane at 21k feet had a high altitude hiccups and it was best not to be in it anymore. Good thing I had my parachute and oxygen with me. :D
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

Welcome Louise and LittleJenny,

Check out this thread, it offers tips and "tricks of the trade" and has links to a number of guides and tutorials. Also, there is a tutorial section in the Linux Mint Community Site.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome Louise. Hope you enjoy the community.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Louise's was a spam post,I had to delete it.....

Return to “Introduce Yourself”