Interested in helping out with Debian Edition

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bluedalmatian

Interested in helping out with Debian Edition

Post by bluedalmatian »

My names Andrew (from UK). Im interested in helping out with the Debian Edition, either tracking bugs, packaging or whatever needs doing. Is there a way for new people to get involved or is it only open to a select few?

My personal view is that the Debian (Gnome) edition is the way forward. Although choice is good Im concerned that there is so much choice in the Linux world that newcomers are overwhelmed with options to the point of being put off.
For example a Windows user looking to try out Linux Mint for the first time is presented with no fewer than 6 versions to choose from! As well as confusing new users it also surely dilutes developers efforts maintaining 6 versions instead of putting all their energy into one.

Anyway that aside, Im keen to help out if I can. If Clem and the others want to have a chat and get to know me feel free to contact me.

Andrew
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Interested in helping out with Debian Edition

Post by tdockery97 »

bluedalmatian wrote:My personal view is that the Debian (Gnome) edition is the way forward. Although choice is good Im concerned that there is so much choice in the Linux world that newcomers are overwhelmed with options to the point of being put off.
Amen. I researched for a few months before I settled on Linux Mint. Fortunately my first choice turned out to be the best choice. :D
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
jesica

Re: Interested in helping out with Debian Edition

Post by jesica »

welcome here

Return to “Introduce Yourself”