We are great then 1%

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bullitt

We are great then 1%

Post by bullitt »

With this initiative, we intend to refute the statistics of certain press organizations that ensure that the use of GNU/Linux does not exceed 1% and has not advanced in recent years at the desktop.

http://www.dudalibre.com/gnulinuxcounter?lang=en

Lets get out the vote!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
randomizer

Re: We are great then 1%

Post by randomizer »

Poland and Russia are leading by example.
cra1g321

Post by cra1g321 »

Sadly i cant see this really happening because alot of users wont even be bothered to do it or even go onto the website.
ubuntu had a estimated 12 million users at one time but currently only 55223 ubuntu user have participated.
randomizer

Post by randomizer »

There are a number of counters around the web. Nobody is going to add themselves to all of them.
det4100
Level 4
Level 4

Post by det4100 »

randomizer said
There are a number of counters around the web. Nobody is going to add themselves to all of them.
Especially if you have to enter a valid email address. I know it's to ensure one vote entered per user for better stats, but truly, I get enough crap in my inbox.

det4100
det4100

Running Mint Debian
utsuwa

Post by utsuwa »

We don't need to prove anything to the world. We know it is not 1%. Anyone else trying to prove otherwise by showing biased net counters is bound to fail.

Return to “Chat about Linux”