Help Evolution

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AlsaPhil

Help Evolution

Post by AlsaPhil »

Have two laptops for job. Each with Linux Mint 100%.
Can somebody help me, explaining the way to synchronize my calendar and my mails from one laptop to the other. The easiest way please :D
Thanks everybody who can help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Help Evolution

Post by scorp123 »

FrenchyPhil wrote:Have two laptops for job. Each with Linux Mint 100%.
Can somebody help me, explaining the way to synchronize my calendar and my mails from one laptop to the other. The easiest way please :D
Thanks everybody who can help.
Do you have access to a server somewhere between the two? e.g. MS Exchange? Then synchronisation would happen automagically every time you connect with either of the laptops to the server ... That's how I do it.
AlsaPhil

RE

Post by AlsaPhil »

Thank you scorp for answer.
No haven't a server.
Do you think it is possible to save the calendar on one of the laptops, just like a document, to put it on a usb-key and transfer it in the other laptop?
When yes, how?
Regards, Phil
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Re: RE

Post by scorp123 »

FrenchyPhil wrote:Do you think it is possible to save the calendar on one of the laptops, just like a document, to put it on a usb-key and transfer it in the other laptop?
I think evolution stores all its settings in a subfolder .evolution inside your home folder. I think when you copy that folder to another machine it should then clone all your Evolution settings plus all that was stored in Evolution, incl. mails and calendar entries. But I am not really sure that this is a clean method. To have a server in between them would be better. Maybe you could create yourself a free GMail account (I can send you an invitation if you want) and then use the instructions here:
http://johnnyjacob.wordpress.com/2006/0 ... evolution/
http://ubuntu.wordpress.com/2006/12/18/ ... -calendar/

With this GMail would act as synchronisation server and you don't have to mess with manually transferring files ...
AlsaPhil

Post by AlsaPhil »

Oh merci beaucoup scorp for this tip. It could be the solution for me :D
I will study that this week end and give you news.
AlsaPhil

Post by AlsaPhil »

so scorp from der Schweiz :lol:
I opened an account by Google Calendar, followed the instructions. Is a good solution at first.
Only problem is, that you have to make a manual sync from the "first" laptop agenda every time something is changing...
Little problem in fact because i can do that only the day before I'm traveling...
So one more time thank you for your tip and for your engagement here on the forum!
Phil

Return to “Software & Applications”