New to Mint and very impressed

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tattoovampire
Level 1
Level 1

New to Mint and very impressed

Post by tattoovampire »

I've been a long-time PCLinuxOS user. I recently hosed my PCLOS install (don't even ask, LOL) and decided on a whim to install Mint after reading about it on Distrowatch.

Simply put, I think it's great. This is the first distro to correctly set up my graphics card and widescreen monitor to run at 1600x1200 without me having to resort to manual configuration.

It's got eye candy but just enough to give it a polished, professional look. The selection of apps is good. From what I've seen here Mint has a thriving user community.

I like it well enough to postpone (perhaps forever) my reinstall of PCLOS. :wink:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Stretch
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Stretch »

Just want to resurrect this old post to say Hello to you guys. I also am ex-PCLinuxOS. Although I didn't switch distro for quality reasons, rather free speech reasons.

Anyhow, I was about to go back to Ubuntu when I happened to read about Mint. ATM I am running a small temporary installation of Mint but that will end soon when I erase Ubuntu AND PCLinuxOS.

Hope to chat to more of you soon
bigbearomaha
Level 3
Level 3

Post by bigbearomaha »

:D

Welcome to Mint. It's definitely one of the top distros out there.

Clem uses the word "elegance" in relation to Mint. I tend to think "classy" fits better.

One of the things I find simply outstanding about Mint is the innovation make it better, bring more function as well as style into the picture. They just never stop.

I wish more distros would be that energetic.

Welcome aboard the Mint train. Next stop Linux Bliss.

Big Bear
Bee the best you can bee.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”