[SOLVED] Mint 9 Isadora Main install to FLuxbox

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
COSLinux

[SOLVED] Mint 9 Isadora Main install to FLuxbox

Post by COSLinux »

Just a quick question, is it possible in Mint to "layover" the Fluxbox edition with my currently installed "main/gnome" installation ? Mainly to get the Mint Flux interface, not the standard one.

Thanks 8)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
shane
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Mint 9 Isadora Main install to FLuxbox

Post by shane »

Here are all the packages specific to the Fluxbox edition: http://packages.linuxmint.com/list.php? ... ra-Fluxbox

I'm not sure if they are present in the main edition's repos but you can check. Otherwise, just install the packages manually. This is not supported so it might break something in your Gnome installation. I'm sure Kendall has taken measures to make this as least likely as possible but you should be aware. For starters install only the essentials... fluxbox, tint2 and mint-fm2. These should be safe. Then see where you want to go from there. You can also download the default settings package and use the config files from there to get a more Minty feel.
COSLinux

Re: Mint 9 Isadora Main install to FLuxbox

Post by COSLinux »

Thanks for the package list, it worked well. I appreciate it. It was as simple as pulling the packages down and installing one by one. So if anyone else would want to do the same thing i recommend it.

Just on a side note again I am running Mint 9 Isadora. Just an FYI for other users.

Return to “Software & Applications”