[Solved] LM 10 installation and GRUB

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ezas

[Solved] LM 10 installation and GRUB

Post by ezas »

I installed LM 10 tonight and I watched every install screen looking for where to choose where I want GRUB installed and didn't see it.

Where did I miss it?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ezas

Re: LM 10 installation and GRUB

Post by ezas »

Read the release notes, read the user guide. It looks like in LM 9 the boot options were in step 7 of 7 where there is an advanced options button. I'm guessing that is where it is/was in LM 9.

I ran through the LM 10 RC installation again, and again I did not see any grub options.
Dracirate

Post by Dracirate »

Use the manual partition there you can chose where you wanna put the grub installation.
ezas

Post by ezas »

Thanks for the reply

I did the use the manual partition option since I was overwriting Mint 9, and saw no place to specify the location of GRUB. I was looking at each screen very closely because I wanted to keep my existing GRUB and link to Mint like I did for Mint 9. I did the install twice and could not find where to set the location.

I'll run the install one more time and see if I can find it.
ezas

Post by ezas »

3rd time is the charm I guess.

Found it under manual partition.

It is named descriptively enough : Device for bootloader installation.

Where I got headed in the wrong direction was on my first install I clicked on that and for whatever reason only saw the physical hard--drive. I think there is a slight delay when you click on that. Anyway this time I saw the partitions.

Thanks for the motivation to give it another try.

I'm glad I got this sorted. While it's my backup distro, I really like Mint and look forward to seeing the changes in 10.
Dracirate

Re: [Solved] LM 10 installation and GRUB

Post by Dracirate »

I am glad you found it.

Kind regards :P

Return to “Installation & Boot”