Welcome Screen

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Brad

Welcome Screen

Post by Brad »

Does anyone know how I can turn the welcome screen back on in Linux Mint 10, as I want to upgrade to the DVD version? If anyone knows, please leave a post in this thread. Any help would be gratefully accepted-thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: Welcome Screen

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Just investigated your request and found that there is a way.

Open a terminal and enter

Code: Select all

/usr/bin/mintwelcome
Press enter and the mintwelcome screen will open.
jesica

Post by jesica »

thanks, I was also wondering this
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

It can also be accessed in the Startup Applications. :D
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Aging Technogeek

Post by Aging Technogeek »

tdockery97,

If you unchecked the "Show this dialog at startup" box i the lower right of the MintWelcome window, the closed it, selecting it in Startup Applications will not start it. I just tried it. Checked MintWelcome in Startup Applications and rebooted. Nothing until I started it in terminal.

Return to “Beginner Questions”