triple column screen Dell Inspiron 8000

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Post by Husse »

I have seen that there are issues with the M4
then tried to update Envy and got an error that I was unable to do this.
What error do you get?
That Envy can't install drivers or what?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
does things that an install of the driver does not and vice versa
It seemed to me like a broken driver - which it was not as your command worked - so I did not consider it
KingTahdi

Re: triple column screen Dell Inspiron 8000

Post by KingTahdi »

I am getting the columned screed on my Dell Inspiron 8000. I am completely new to linux and don't know the command lines. When I type sudo dpkg-reconfig xserver-xorg it ask for my password and I give it, then it restarts a blank command line. I retype and then hit enter, get a new command line. This leads me to believe human error is afoot. Also, there is some software rendering mode message suggesting that I do something, but the image is un readable due to screen sections. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Reorx
Level 12
Level 12

Re: triple column screen Dell Inspiron 8000

Post by Reorx »

KT;

You replied to a 6 year old thread! If you are looking for help, you might want to start your own thread...
Full time Linux Mint user since 2011 - Currently running LM21C on multiple Dell laptops - mostly Vostro models.

Image Image Image

Return to “Installation & Boot”