(SOLVED) mintinstall

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
allypink

(SOLVED) mintinstall

Post by allypink »

Hello folks
I have run into a problem with mintinstall twice now. I did a new install and found the same problem.
System works fine and I can install software via synaptic so no problems but I found mintinstall great when it was working. Sometime after doing regular updates is ceases to work.
It starts OK and lists all programs installed and able to be installed but when 'install' is clicked the programs does nothing. Running via terminal gives the following error.
org.freedesktop.PolicyKit.Error.NotAuthorized: ('system-bus-name', {'name': ':1.55'}) is not authorized: org.debian.apt.install-packages
What does this mean? :?
Al.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
allypink

Re: mintinstall

Post by allypink »

Bump!
allypink

Re: mintinstall

Post by allypink »

Hey solved this one with this help:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p= ... stcount=18

("This worked for me - it appears a policykit startup program was launching a KDE rather than a gnome version.
The solution is:

System/Preferences/Startup Applications

Under the Startup Programs tab uncheck PolicyKit Authentication Agent. Click on Add to create a new startup program. In the Add Startup Program window enter the following in the Command: box -

/usr/lib/policykit-1-gnome/polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1

In the Name: box give the new startup program a name -I called mine gnome Policy Kit. Click on save and have this as the new 'policykit startup program'. I can now install programs from the Ubuntu Tweak Software Centre.)

Don't know how this got fowled up......... but the above did the trick. Not only did it solve the Ubuntu Tweak unlock issue that the above thread is from, but also solved my problem as it was a similar permission problem with Mintinstall. Actually if we read the origional quoted error it refers to (Not Authorized) permission issues. :D

Return to “Software & Applications”