Quick ? about remastersys backup & passwords

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jamied_uk
Level 2
Level 2

Quick ? about remastersys backup & passwords

Post by jamied_uk »

hi i am llinux mint newby and i am multi booting as follows, from windows i installed mint so i am using pcgrub

which remastersys is asking to remove pcgrub and install grub instead will this effect my booting settings and maybe stop windows from being able to boot when i require it? or is this ok to remove pcgrub abd have it put just grub on i need to know if this is normal and it will not cause me errors also can i backup my pcgrub at all (if i need to) and how can i restore it if i need to this is so i can redist linux with the current settings and downloads i hope as long as it works this way as i want the compiz settiongs drivers everything except personal data backup up in the end so i can redistobute the disk aslo so i can use it myself as a backup in the future if i need it? any ideas would be good thanks for your time / help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jamied_uk
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Quick ? about remastersys backup & passwords

Post by jamied_uk »

jamied_uk wrote:hi i am llinux mint newby and i am multi booting as follows, from windows i installed mint so i am using pcgrub

which remastersys is asking to remove pcgrub and install grub instead will this effect my booting settings and maybe stop windows from being able to boot when i require it? or is this ok to remove pcgrub abd have it put just grub on i need to know if this is normal and it will not cause me errors also can i backup my pcgrub at all (if i need to) and how can i restore it if i need to this is so i can redist linux with the current settings and downloads i hope as long as it works this way as i want the compiz settiongs drivers everything except personal data backup up in the end so i can redistobute the disk aslo so i can use it myself as a backup in the future if i need it? any ideas would be good thanks for your time / help.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Quick ? about remastersys backup & passwords

Post by Oscar799 »

I moved these posts here as they would probably not be seen tacked onto the end of such an old thread.
oscar799
Forum Admin

Return to “Installation & Boot”