Hi all from Churqui

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
churqui

Hi all from Churqui

Post by churqui »

Hi! I come from Spain and I use Mint since Gloria were released. I was testing a distro which didn't give problems and Mint resulted the winner of a set. Helena and Isadora didn't disappointed me, so I'm a loyal follower and supporter fo Linux Mint, in fact I recommended it to my friends.

I'm studing Computer Engineering and Mint is helping me a lot with the carreer. Mint give you a (the most) preconfigurated system without ofuscate any functionality of an optimiced Linux System.

Greetings to all and happy to be here.

And thanks for this community, Linux system... ;)

PD: By the way, how are chosen the names of the distros? I mean know the pattern but where they are chosen, voted, or whatever?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Hi all from Churqui

Post by tdockery97 »

Hi churqui and welcome to the forums. If you search through the forums you will find posts where members can put suggestions for the name of the next Mint (there are already a couple of posts looking for suggestions for Mint 11).
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

Hello Churqui,

Welcome to the community.

Like tdockery said, there are usually threads with suggestions for the name based on the pattern you are aware of. These threads always seem to carry on with a name suggestion for several months after the new version is released. The threads will almost invariably have suggestions to do away with names and be solely number based. Also, there will be a significant number of suggestions with names that do not follow the pattern. It seems like Clem generally posts the name about 2 months after the release of the current version; i.e. the name for Mint10, Julia, was release around late June or early July.

I do not think I have ever seen a statement which outlined how the name was decided upon. Does Clem make the decision based on his preferences? Does he count which name occurs most in the treads? Do he and the development team reach a consensus? Do they vote on the name? Only the Shadow knows.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello churqui,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 58#p302358
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
For real-time help there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
Have fun with Mint

As for how the names are chosen - I've been a moderator here for 7 months and I still don't have a clue :lol:
churqui

Post by churqui »

Hi all and thanks for the welcome!
jesica

Post by jesica »

welcome to the forum

Return to “Introduce Yourself”