(SOLVED) Eee PC 901 two SSD drives

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
to12ny

(SOLVED) Eee PC 901 two SSD drives

Post by to12ny »

I have installed Isadora GNOME on my Eee PC 901. This has two SSD drives, 4 GB and 16 GB. These show up as:

"File System"
"16 GB Hard Disc: HOME"

The File System seems to hold most of the files, including the files of the only user:" Glenda"

I am confused as:

home /glenda/My Music is on the "File System" drive

HOME/user/My documents/My Music is on the "16 GB Hard Disc: HOME" drive.

but there is also a media/HOME/user/My documents/My Music which is on the "File System" drive.

How can I get the "Glenda" files to be put on the "16 GB Hard Disc: HOME" drive?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Tony
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
to12ny

Re: Eee PC 901 two SSD drives

Post by to12ny »

Thanks to members of the Eee PC 901 Specific Discussion forum at http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?id=89440 for all their help.

It seems that I was only using the 4GB SSD drive. The 16GB SSD drive was not mounted.

I manually partitioned the drives. The mount point for the 4GB SSD drive to be "/" and the mount point for the 16GB SSD drive to be "/home". I made the file system "ext 3". No swap partition.

This puts all the personal data on the 16GB SSD drive and the rest to the system on the 4GB SSD drive.

It seems to be working -:)

Tony

Return to “Installation & Boot”