hi community!!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mbarny

hi community!!

Post by mbarny »

hi everyone!! i m matteo from croatia, i ve just installed mint 9 x64 on my acer 6930g laptop and thats what i think about it....
Amazing!!! really, when i decided i had enough of wind.... i wasn't expecting that much from linux, way better,faster a easier than 7.
some problems with microphone and webcam but its just question of time. Go linux!!! :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dawgdoc

Re: hi community!!

Post by dawgdoc »

Welcome Matteo

Check out this thread, it offers tips and "tricks of the trade" and has links to a number of guides and tutorials. Also, there is a tutorial section in the Linux Mint Community Site.

Regarding the microphone, open a terminal and type alsamixer and then press <enter> This will open a terminal application which will let you adjust audio inputs and outputs. The ledger at the top will let you select [All] with F5, and F6 will let you make sure the correct sound card is selected. If there is a [MM] below your microphone graph this means it is muted. Press m to enable it.

THIS post has a link to a camera troubleshooting page.

If these quick comments do not help, I would suggest starting a separate topic for each problem. Be sure and include information which will aid people assisting you. The forum rules can be reached by a link at the top of topics in the Newbie section, the type of information which is most useful is listed in the rules.

Again, Welcome
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome matteo!
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
jesica

Post by jesica »

Welcome to the great forum,

hope you enjoy it as much as we all do :mrgreen:
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello matteo,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
If you prefer real-time assistance we have IRC channels - open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be connected automatically to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
mbarny

Post by mbarny »

dawgdoc wrote:Welcome Matteo

Check out this thread, it offers tips and "tricks of the trade" and has links to a number of guides and tutorials. Also, there is a tutorial section in the Linux Mint Community Site.

Regarding the microphone, open a terminal and type alsamixer and then press <enter> This will open a terminal application which will let you adjust audio inputs and outputs. The ledger at the top will let you select [All] with F5, and F6 will let you make sure the correct sound card is selected. If there is a [MM] below your microphone graph this means it is muted. Press m to enable it.

THIS post has a link to a camera troubleshooting page.

If these quick comments do not help, I would suggest starting a separate topic for each problem. Be sure and include information which will aid people assisting you. The forum rules can be reached by a link at the top of topics in the Newbie section, the type of information which is most useful is listed in the rules.

Again, Welcome

thanks man, your very kind.... i ve been on linux for about 2 weeks and people like you makes me already fell part of the family :D
i tried to fix the mic like you said but nothing changed, the mic wasn t muted and when i tried to record my voice i just heard a strange noise. nevermind i ll open a new topic.
tnaks again
mbarny

Post by mbarny »

tdockery97 wrote:Welcome matteo!
thanks
mbarny

Post by mbarny »

jesica wrote:Welcome to the great forum,

hope you enjoy it as much as we all do :mrgreen:
thanks jessica you re so kind, i m sure i will :D
mbarny

Post by mbarny »

oscar799 wrote:Hello matteo,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
If you prefer real-time assistance we have IRC channels - open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be connected automatically to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
thank you. real-time assistance?!!.... amazing, i ll give it a try thats for sure, thanks

Return to “Introduce Yourself”