Introduction: New to LM!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
zacklyke

Introduction: New to LM!

Post by zacklyke »

Hi everybody,

Not new to Linux, GNOME or forums but I am new to Linux Mint. I must say I am really glad I decided to go with LM9 over Ubuntu's NRE on my HP Mini. This distro has been really great for me the past few weeks. Not that it has much to do anything at all with the usability, but it is a nice bonus that I'm a sucker for the color green. It definitely allows me to be friendly to the Community and Forum pages!

My username is the same in the Community page, so add me to friends (or not I suppose, ha). I've contributed hardware write-ups for the external optical drive and netbook I use and I can't wait to contribute more. I really have the time to get fully immersed in Linux right now and I'm looking forward to being an active member of the LM community.

I'm a (nearly) graduated computer science student from Texas. I'm a big music junkie and I've just begun teaching myself development on Android. I think that's a decent introduction for now, sorry if this was a bit lengthy.

Cheers,
Zack
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: Introduction: New to LM!

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Welcome to the Mint forum and the Community Website. You sound like you will be an asset to the community. Glad to have you aboard.

If you are interested, Mint also has several chat lines accessible by clicking the IRC icon in the menu under Internet.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome Zack. Glad to have you here.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
jesica

Post by jesica »

Welcome to the forum :mrgreen:
zacklyke