(SOLVED)Where do I find this theme (peppermint)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
germanix

(SOLVED)Where do I find this theme (peppermint)

Post by germanix »

I currently have Mint 10 RC installed. When I go to "appearance" to change the theme for the windows I find only 4 themes from which to choose from. These are: Mint X, Mint X-Metal, Nodoka and Shiki-Wise. I prefer using the theme "peppermint" which was available as a choice on previous releases. I would very much like to re-install this theme but I can not seem to find it anywhere. Would realy appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Where do I find this theme (peppermint)

Post by remoulder »

Please do not post the same question again without waiting for an answer to your post from yesterday.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
ej64
Level 4
Level 4

Post by ej64 »

just copy the themes you like from /usr/share/themes of a peppermint os or runnung Live CD to your Mint installation.
Thinkpad X220 with Samsung SSD running Xubuntu 13.04
I'm getting old gladly -- I don't like to die young ...
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

I looked in the usual places http://www.gnome-look.org and http://linuxmint-art.org/ for the PepperMint theme but couldn't find it.
The only thing I can think of,if you still have an install of Mint 9 or Mint 8,is go to /usr/share/themes and copy the PepperMint file to a USB stick or Dropbox and then paste it into /usr/share/themes on your Mint 10 install.
Hope that helps
germanix

Post by germanix »

ej64 wrote:just copy the themes you like from /usr/share/themes of a peppermint os or runnung Live CD to your Mint installation.
I believe that the pepperment I am referring to has nothing to do with the pepperment OS. The theme that I want came with the Mint distro, but thank you for your help anyway.
oscar799 wrote:I looked in the usual places http://www.gnome-look.org and http://linuxmint-art.org/ for the PepperMint theme but couldn't find it.
The only thing I can think of,if you still have an install of Mint 9 or Mint 8,is go to /usr/share/themes and copy the PepperMint file to a USB stick or Dropbox and then paste it into /usr/share/themes on your Mint 10 install.
Hope that helps
I thank you very much for all your trouble. I too have looked all over and just can not find it. I do not have an install of Mint 9 or 8 to copy from. Surely one should be able to download this from the depositories somewhere? I will keep looking and hope that someone will point me in the right direction. Have a nice day.
Raydog

Post by Raydog »

That's odd, my clean install of Mint 10 RC (on 10/30) has 11 themes including "Peppermint".

Did you do the upgrade to DVD on the MintWelcome screen and the level 1 & 2 updates? I'm just guessing they may be in one of those.
germanix

Post by germanix »

Raydog wrote:That's odd, my clean install of Mint 10 RC (on 10/30) has 11 themes including "Peppermint".

Did you do the upgrade to DVD on the MintWelcome screen and the level 1 & 2 updates? I'm just guessing they may be in one of those.
I also did a clean install and did upgrade to the DVD and I got the updates, when all was finished I did have more than the 4 themes I have now, and yes "Peppermint" was one of those. I then chose "Peppermint" as the default and it worked fine but when I restarted the next day all of the themes but 4 was gone and the default had changed to some custom theme which I had not seen before. So I do not know where the problem lies and how I can get these themes back without having to do a new install again.
Raydog

Post by Raydog »

OK, I opened Synaptic Package Manager and searched for mint-artwork-gnome and in the installed files section I found:

/usr/share/themes/PepperMint
/usr/share/themes/PepperMint/index.theme

Do you have it there?

If not, you could try reinstalling it (mint-artwork-gnome) in Synaptic. Hope this helps.
germanix

Post by germanix »

Raydog wrote:OK, I opened Synaptic Package Manager and searched for mint-artwork-gnome and in the installed files section I found:

/usr/share/themes/PepperMint
/usr/share/themes/PepperMint/index.theme

Do you have it there?

If not, you could try reinstalling it (mint-artwork-gnome) in Synaptic. Hope this helps.
Hi Raydog, you are my champion. As it turns out the (mint-artwork-gnome) was not installed in my case. I installed it and "bless your heart" I now have Peppermint back. I thank you for all the trouble you went to in order to help me resolve this problem. May the gods be gentle with you and may the blue bird of happiness fly over your head. Have a nice day (week, month, year, life)
Raydog

Re: (SOLVED)Where do I find this theme (peppermint)

Post by Raydog »

You're very welcome. Helping each other is what it's all about. :D

Return to “MATE”