mint4win for linux mint debian?

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
andreas122

Post by andreas122 »

where i can fine the mint4win for mint debian?
and if is not exist where i can find a similar program?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kwevej

Re: mint4win for linux mint debian?

Post by kwevej »

why don't u just try the live CD ?
personally, i don't see a purpose for the mint4win.
It could only cause problems.
andreas122

Post by andreas122 »

kwevej wrote:why don't u just try the live CD ?
personally, i don't see a purpose for the mint4win.
It could only cause problems.
i cant install from live cd, becouse it have some problems on the boot
i dont remember what was the problems, but am sure that it cant load in this laptop, but in my virtual box can boot.
(the live cd works on all pc's)
and secont with the mint4win is more eazy to install and uninstall it.
kwevej

Post by kwevej »

then I'd recommend u booting from an USB stick
andreas122

Post by andreas122 »

yes but i want to install it, not just try it.
and olso i want to uninstall it with just a button without make problem to my previus opereting system. like mint4win.
nolag

Post by nolag »

andreas122 wrote:yes but i want to install it, not just try it.
and olso i want to uninstall it with just a button without make problem to my previus opereting system. like mint4win.
mint4win dowes not exist for debian yet. I don't think it will anytime soon since it is based off of wubi, and that is an ubuntu thing. I would NOT suggest installing from it if your CD won't boot. I did that for Ubuntu and when I moved the wubi to a new partition it only caused problems. I would also not suggest that you keep it under window if you plan to use it seriously (it is more meant for you to try it)!
nolag

Post by nolag »

andreas122 wrote:yes but i want to install it, not just try it.

1) mint4win is bassed off wubi (windows-based ubuntu installer) so it will not likely have a debian version any time soon
2) don't install using mint4win if the disk installation fails! I did that with wubi when ubuntu was causing problems. Then wubi would not boot on its own partition when I moved it! (I can't remember if I even tried it on the windows partition)
3) don't leave it on the windows partition, its slower and windows can break it! (it is meant for testing the OS 1st)
henrydubb

Post by henrydubb »

I would agree with others. My experience with WUBI is so so. It became unusable after a cold boot. This happened multiple times. On tests though it out performed a regular install on some tests, but still risky IMHO.

Any problem with Live CD, STOP, do not go past go. Find out what the problem was, how much RAM do you have.

Another option which I prefer which is also missing from LMDE is startup disk. You can create up to 4GB of storage on a USB device. I just created one for a friend and its fast. Again, Mint is in RAM so that's needs to be at least a gig.
nolag

Post by nolag »

Although I would not use it, I was reading how WUBI works and it seems like it is possible to make Debian and debian based WUBI-like installers so I guess it is not as unlikely as I thought (not that I would suggest using any of them but I can see how it could be good for people who want to try it).
frmint

Post by frmint »

Hi, I'm a new mint4win Mint 10 user and would like to test the Debian Edition as well.
I think that the availability of a mint4win for this edition is important.
burjans

Post by burjans »

Install LMDE from Windows - Suggestion

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=59994

Now I know wubi = mint4win

:wink:

Return to “Installation & Boot”