Sound in LMDE

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
easyed

Sound in LMDE

Post by easyed »

I tried LMDE, and it could become a favourite distro if one could get the sound to work. I tested the live version and it recognised my sound card, but no audio was heard even after checking and configuring the audio settings in control centre. Does one have to install it in order to make it go?

From what was understood, with installations, such as adding fonts or applications, that one has to install the distro before any thing could be added. Is this true? Please correct if am mistaken.

For now, I am experimenting with Pinguy's newest 10.10 RC, and would rather favour LMDE because if one could get the sound issue addressed, it will become a lot better and much more stable distro.

Many thanks for any answers in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Sound in LMDE

Post by Oscar799 »

Moved here from General Topics
mads

Post by mads »

In Terminal:

Code: Select all

gstreamer-properties
Multimedia Systems Selector window will open.
In audio, Default Output, Plugin: choose "ALSA - Advanced Linux ..."
If you have several sound cards, you may also change the Default Device.
Click Test. Do you hear any sound?
If yes, read this article: How To Replace PulseAudio With ALSA Or OSS In A Few Seconds (http://www.webupd8.org/2010/03/how-to-s ... ad-of.html)
twa

Post by twa »

easyed,
probably I'm saying a banality, but in the notification area do u have the sound icon with
an X like the attachment??? if so right button click and untick exclude audio.
(pls apologize for the translation but am on Italian system)
Schermata.png
:cry:

Return to “LMDE Archive”