PCLinuxOS vs Cassandra

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kanishka
Level 5
Level 5

PCLinuxOS vs Cassandra

Post by kanishka »

Comparing the PCLinuxOS vs Cassandra experience:

http://talk.bmc.com/blogs/blog-carl/ste ... /pclinuxos
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JAK
Level 3
Level 3

Re: PCLinuxOS vs Cassandra

Post by JAK »

kanishka wrote:Comparing the PCLinuxOS vs Cassandra experience:

http://talk.bmc.com/blogs/blog-carl/ste ... /pclinuxos
Thanks for pointing out that article, it was an interesting read. I had been a dedicated PCLOS user for a while until someone mentioned LinuxMint. I then bounced back and forth for a while between the two before deciding that LM has a better repository and things seemed to work quite a bit more "automagically" than PCLOS. They're both excellent distros, but I like the more polished and professional feel of LM. I'm a closet Gnome user and didn't know it until I met Cassandra.
4thwall
Level 1
Level 1

pclinux...

Post by 4thwall »

When I first started using linux I tried pc linux, and I still try their new releases, still not satisfied, plus I love gnome too much to go to kde, so I'm a Ubuntu and Mint user mostly. I also use blackbox on the side.
psycosmyth
Level 2
Level 2

Post by psycosmyth »

Put Bill and Clement in a blender?
OOOOO!
PCMintOs.
Like you guys, I have used these two the most with Dream being the third wheel. It comes down to the Mandriva support versus Ubuntu support, and then it's down to RH and Deb. I love Texstar's twist on an old distro but the Linux growth in the last few years has been through Debian.
I can't decide, just pick the one that can go the years.

Return to “Chat about Linux”