Release: Linux Mint 10 RC

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
The Alpha Gamer

Re: Release: Linux Mint 10 RC

Post by The Alpha Gamer »

Has the MintMenu button not loading properly on startup bug been fixed in 10?
grey1960envoy

Post by grey1960envoy »

I have yet to find fault with Mint 10 since I installed it on my laptop except the calender being in a different place but hey I never look at it anyway so no biggie.I have gotten used to FF being the default browser but I installed Chrome which I use only.I just ignore FF.as for the mint menu I find it loaded as soon as I need it.
stalonge

Post by stalonge »

Well , after 20 days working here .. everything is fine ... except N wifi network is not working ... just G network is running ... hope the fix for this be realease soon ..

Great job devs

LinuxMint .. forever

:D :D
GeneC

Post by GeneC »

Hi!

Thanks all involved with the project. Mint 10 is just great. I am very new to Linux and Mint. (3 months). I installed MINT 10 RC (64 bit) a couple weeks ago, and its been running flawlessly. Everything works. ATI driver works fine.

Here is the curious part. I also just installed MINT 10 RC (32bit). I wanted to see if it recognized my 6GB of RAM as I read it would do by installing the PAE kernel by default. It did recognize the 6GB of RAM just fine, which pleased me, BUT the ATI driver does not work? :?: It works perfectly on the same machine (dual boot) on the 64 bit version. Everything is the same. I tired un-installing and re-installing the driver. Still no good. The boot hangs up at a black screen with an error message about "...too many connections...". Just for the heck of it I un-installed and re-installed the ATI driver on the 64bit version, and it re-installed and worked just fine?? Anyone have any ideas?

My computer
AMD PhenomII x4
Graphics (on-board) ATI Radeon 4250
6GB RAM

Its not a big deal as the default driver runs the compiz "extra" visual effects selected. Which surprised me.

Gene
starrfleat
Level 1
Level 1

Post by starrfleat »

I've installed L M 10 RC on my Dell Optiplex 745. Lookin' Good.
Whatever you've done to the printer programming and drivers for HP printers, keep it. I replaced an old Lexmark X125 with an HP PSC 1315. No linux could detect the Lexmark. Mint 9 detected the HP, but when I tried to print in black only, it printed in green. :P
LM 10 RC prints in black when I tell the installed version of Open Office writer to print black text. I didn't try to analyze the problem in MInt 9; no time; so if I had to print from that PC, rebooted into Windows XP. Now that L M 10 RC gets it right, that's one more feather in your cap. Dunno how or why, but thanx and congrats.
bpgator

Post by bpgator »

I have been using mint linux for three years now. I started out trying all the different distros at that time, found mint and fell in love with it. Mint 10 RC is the best yet. a couple of coworkers in the office viewed my thinkpad set up with mint 10 rc and said "wow, whats that". I now have 5 of my friends and coworkers using mint 10 in dual boot with windows. They hardly ever use windows any more and love mint. The mint team has done a great job! :D
grey1960envoy

Post by grey1960envoy »

I have to ask What is windows ?something you look through I hope and not something to throw money into ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
excentrica

Post by excentrica »

I am not sure where this belongs, but this is the only place I could find with Reference to Mint 10 RC...

I have an Asus K50ID notebook, and when I switch from main power to battery, it intermittently freezes up.
I tried Ubuntu 10.10 = same problem.... but does not do so in Mint 9 or Ubuntu 10.04LTS. So the problem you have with power is related to Ubuntu 10.10 which you have based RC10 on..... the bug has been reported here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... mments=all

Any help trying to fix it, iron it out before you final release could be a really great thing! I have had to roll back to Mint 9 because of this problem.

thanks
Glenn
Susu

Post by Susu »

Whooohooooo, final release is near. Watch it: http://community.linuxmint.com/iso :mrgreen:
phrostbyte

Post by phrostbyte »

Susu wrote:Whooohooooo, final release is near. Watch it: http://community.linuxmint.com/iso :mrgreen:
Excellent... I've been saving my last DVD-R for it. :D
grey1960envoy

Post by grey1960envoy »

I've been very happy with the RC since I installed it (it is my ONLY OS against suggestions) and have had absolutely ZERO problems everything worked right out of the box aside from the printer needing a bit of TLC.Re-installed drivers and good to go.
Karliboy

Post by Karliboy »

Looking forward to the final release! I don't care how long it takes to bring out the beast as long as the chains holding it won't break :)
Karliboy

Post by Karliboy »

bpgator wrote:I have been using mint linux for three years now. I started out trying all the different distros at that time, found mint and fell in love with it. Mint 10 RC is the best yet. a couple of coworkers in the office viewed my thinkpad set up with mint 10 rc and said "wow, whats that". I now have 5 of my friends and coworkers using mint 10 in dual boot with windows. They hardly ever use windows any more and love mint. The mint team has done a great job! :D
... And what does your boss say to this? : p
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kmb42vt »

Karliboy wrote:
bpgator wrote:I have been using mint linux for three years now. I started out trying all the different distros at that time, found mint and fell in love with it. Mint 10 RC is the best yet. a couple of coworkers in the office viewed my thinkpad set up with mint 10 rc and said "wow, whats that". I now have 5 of my friends and coworkers using mint 10 in dual boot with windows. They hardly ever use windows any more and love mint. The mint team has done a great job! :D
... And what does your boss say to this? :P
He/she is probably one of the converts. :mrgreen:
"Humph. Choice, it is the quintessential Linux delusion, simultaneously the source of it's greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness." (All apologies to The Architect)
Susu

Post by Susu »

Grrrrr, can't wait for the final release any longer. Will make it main system on my netbook, although it needs some major (kernel) tweaking. Go, Mint, go!
tracar

Post by tracar »

i have a small request to make things a bit easier and less frustrating.....but im unsure if its something i can do on the post install or you all. at the programming level !

anyways . i have a wide screen monitor and like my resolution way up.... but often find my self getting aggravated at the complexity agility and time it takes to move my mouse pointer ever so slightly (feels like one line of resolution) to the edge of a window to grab it and change the window width ,but often drop the window due to my finger tapping on the mouse . can a fix for that be implemented to the rc10+ ?

LoveTheMint !
tracar

Post by tracar »

if everyone hated everyone we would all be treated equally ;)
now nut/Vag up and lets get to the point of this thread

previous qoute:
"I imagine two ways around that: one, you can increase mouse cursor speed.. and two, you can disable trackpad clicking. "

it appears to me that as the screen resolution increases the border resolution also increases, making the line thinner (harder to resize with the mouse pointer).
so a great change would be to have the border thicken respectively with the increase in screen resolution. just an idea.
bpgator

Post by bpgator »

kmb42vt wrote:
Karliboy wrote:
... And what does your boss say to this? :P
He/she is probably one of the converts. :mrgreen:
Ha, thats very funny because he is one of them. Its his first linux distro and he's liked it from day one.
gentilpote

Release: Linux Mint 10 RC

Post by gentilpote »

Bonjour à tous
J'ai essayé d'installer mint 10 sur une clef usb : ça a été une catastrophe !
J'ai un acer revo avec un disque dur et un lecteur de dvd externe.
J'ai inséré une clef usb et mis le cd de mint-10 dans le lecteur Dvd
J'ai lancé mint à partir du Dvd et demandé l'installation sur la clef usb.
Résultat :
Le boot sur la clef usb a échoué, elle ne boote pas, l'écran reste noir.
Mais plus grave, le grub de mon disque dur (pourtant non-monté) a été désagrégé...
Maintenant quand j'essaye de booter sur le disque dur, je n'ai que le prompt "Grub rescue >"
Quelqu'un saurait-il comment rétablir mon ancien boot mint-9, cat j'ai vu que mes fichiers étaient toujours présents ?
Et si ça ne marchait pas, quelqu'un saurait-il comment récupérer les liens de firefox ?
Merci d'avance à tous.

Ps : Ce message a été écrit à partir du live du Dvd de mint-10 qui marche très bien.
rossu14

Post by rossu14 »

im new here .. well im wondering how to enable my built in bluetooth device in Linux Mint 10 RC .. im using EEE PC 1005HA netbook ..
need help please .!

Return to “Releases & Announcements”