[Solved] Minty packages and their debian replacements

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
manmath

[Solved] Minty packages and their debian replacements

Post by manmath »

Hi,

Thanks a ton for the LMDE people! I am having great time with it. But here is just one question: If ever I want to move to pure debian squeeze what should I do.

I've stripped lmde to my liking. In my lmde there are only 7 packages from mint repo (screenshot attached). Would anybody suggest me how to remove those packages and pull in their squeeze counterparts (also suggest me what they are).
Screenshot.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
manmath

Re: minty packages in LMDE and their debian replacements

Post by manmath »

Thanks all.
Nadir at forums.debian.net http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php? ... 02#p331930 helped me out. I achieved what I wanted to.
Last edited by manmath on Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Txnca

Re: [Solve] Minty packages and their debian replacements

Post by Txnca »

Why would you even install this only to remove everything that made it what it is???!! Why not just go there and get it from the source??? Kinda uhhh what is the word I am looking for???!!
k3lt01

Post by k3lt01 »

Txnca wrote:Why would you even install this only to remove everything that made it what it is???!! Why not just go there and get it from the source??? Kinda uhhh what is the word I am looking for???!!
Ah now I see it, this is where you got the "pure debian" thingy from.
Txnca

Post by Txnca »

k3lt01 wrote:
Txnca wrote:Why would you even install this only to remove everything that made it what it is???!! Why not just go there and get it from the source??? Kinda uhhh what is the word I am looking for???!!
Ah now I see it, this is where you got the "pure debian" thingy from.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually no. It was in the other thread. I had read this before that though so maybe it did affect what I read there. Who knows?!
manmath

Post by manmath »

Hi All,
Again I'd love to say that I am very much in love with LMDE. But turning LMDE into Debian Squeeze was just an experiment. I did that cos I've an LMDE dvd ready and going back to LMDE again was just popping in the disc and bingo... FYI, I have infact installed LMDE in wify's lappy and she's really happy at what she's been offered with. Now I am planning to pullin Julia themes into her Mint Debian.
In short, there's nothing like moving away... it's just an experiment...
Thanks all!
mads

Post by mads »

manmath wrote:Thanks all.
Nadir at forums.debian.net helped me out. I achieved what I wanted to.
And you don't want to share the info/link? :lol:
manmath

Post by manmath »

mads wrote:...And you don't want to share the info/link? :lol:
Here is the link: http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php? ... 02#p331930
mads

Post by mads »

Thanks a lot manmath. I liked very much this part "Then I would pray."

Return to “LMDE Archive”