Hi amazing is all I can say

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
truckerjay

Hi amazing is all I can say

Post by truckerjay »

I had a dual boot of windows 7 and ubuntu didn't use ubuntu. Deleted ubuntu and put linux mint 9 dual boot with win 7. Was amazed every thing seems to be working. Except my internet I use one of those AT&t cards that works like a storage device had to buy internet from wifi at a truck stop and got that problem solved very easy. Believe me I"m no linux expert. Now working on seeing if I can download guild wars game and get it working in wine. Was unable to do that with previous versions of mint and could not use the last version of ubuntu internet would not work and seemed at that time no solution. If I can get my game to work I may just get rid of win 7 as I really don't like it's funtionality.

congrats to the Linux mint team for a great disto so far I love it. Can't wait to learn more about using it.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jesica

Re: Hi amazing is all I can say

Post by jesica »

welcome to the forum :mrgreen:
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome to the Mint Forums.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
truckerjay

Post by truckerjay »

Thanks
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello truckerjay,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 58#p302358
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
For real-time help and discussion there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
Have fun with Mint
Theologian

Post by Theologian »

Welcome to LinuxMint.

(I never knew that W7 was functional.)
truckerjay

Post by truckerjay »

Well thought I had internet fixed. Installed usb-modeswitch and it worked but after logging off next time I logged in it no longer worked. Kept trying for a few days and got it to work again. But then logged off same thing it no longer works. I have searched the forums and so far it seems the fix is alot of trial and error and alot of terminal stuff that is beyond my limited skills. I know it's the fault of these people that think using a storage device as a modem, even had trouble with it with windows 7 finally got it to work using windows 7 as the software from AT&T and sierra would not work either.

I would love to learn more about linux but hard to do if I can't connect to the internet except with windows 7. Even though I can download using windows and access it from linux.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

If you post details of this problem,with hardware details,and version of Mint you are using,in Networking>Wireless someone will probably know how to fix it.
If you mention you are inexperienced with using the command line they will present any code you need to use in a way you can copy/paste into your own terminal.
Hope that helps

Return to “Introduce Yourself”