Linux Mint Apparel

Share your ideas on how we can get Linux Mint better known
Forum rules
No support questions here please

Linux Mint Apparel

Postby Hirogen on Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:49 am

The promotional products I'm most interested in would have to be apparel/gear including t-shirts, hoodies, usb drives etc. I already got my girl willing to wear a female mint shirt. She brags up her mint laptop any chance she gets its cute. Personally I think a polo with the linux mint leaf would be pretty sharp.

Anyway, I've purchased from cafepress for things like this in the past but they have gotten quite greedy imo. Prices have climbed SHARP recently over there and I'm currently poking around for a few places we could maybe send some designs to. I think we could stand to do some good physical promoting in this territory so we should get started atleast trying to come up with some designs.

Here's a few suppliers that came up

http://www.zazzle.com/

http://www.uberprints.com
Hirogen
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Linux Mint Apparel

Postby SiKing on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:39 pm

I am all for swag! Just one thing: I think it is absolutely essential that whoever is the provider they accept PayPal.
SiKing
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Colonel Schell on Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:14 pm

I prefer black T-shirts...in fact, I haven't bought anything other than a black T-shirt for several years.

Cafe Press T-shirts do not come in black. Only white.

I have some older drab green shirts I still wear. I would purchase a green LInux MInt t-shirt, come to think of it. :mrgreen:
Registered Linux User#497028; Registered Linux Machine #408808.
Want to get rid of old hardware? http://computersforcharity.webs.com/ or http://freegeekcolumbus.org/
Colonel Schell
Level 3
Level 3

Postby Wyzer on Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:37 pm

I am always down for swag!

I know one forum I buy a lot from is GlockTalk, as they are a very good forum and I enjoy helping them out with funds!

I would suggest starting with simple shirts and hats, then if that does well move into bags for some of the netbooks, or even just offer patches to those who like do stuff themselves, like most Linux users. Stickers would be great too, I would like to put a little sticker over my "Designed for Windows" with maybe a "Mint works on anything!" one!
Linux Noob
Wyzer
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Colonel Schell on Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:07 pm

I must be wrong about the CafePress shirts only coming in white, since I have seen that #!CrunchBang Linux has black shirts there. Hmmm. Maybe I'm dealing with old information...again!
Registered Linux User#497028; Registered Linux Machine #408808.
Want to get rid of old hardware? http://computersforcharity.webs.com/ or http://freegeekcolumbus.org/
Colonel Schell
Level 3
Level 3

Postby FedoraRefugee on Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:20 am

I am wearing my mint undies right now! Of course I had to make them myself. I just used a green sharpie... :shock:
FedoraRefugee
Level 6
Level 6

Postby Bit Mad on Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:50 pm

I was just wondering about T-shirts (because I'm not feeling geeky enough :lol: )
and I found this thread... it's best to refer to an earlier thread :
http://forum.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16131
with a link to http://linuxmint-shop.de/

I'd be curious, if I wore such a T-shirt, to see if anyone would spot it and I wonder what the reactions would be :D
Bit Mad
Level 3
Level 3

Postby Xlayer2006 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:14 pm

I'm totally down! Where can I sign up for a black hoodie, T-shirt, beanie, and iron-on patches of varying size? Maybe even a sticker pack that comes with both the sticker to cover up that "Designed for Windows" sticker (props on the idea Wyzer!) and a witty sticker to cover the "Windows product key" as well. :D
Xlayer2006
Level 1
Level 1

Postby tamarin on Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:41 am

I also agree on this one.

One thing I also would like to buy is promotional sets, that would include at minimum a CD/DVD with Linux Mint, and a leaflet with some images, information of what Mint is, how to use the Live-CD/DVD, some nice images, which included software that can be an alternative for their (for example) IM-client, etc. Some other small stuff like keyring holder and stickers would probably also fit nicely into such sets. This would be great to hand out to friends, people at different computer expos, LAN parties, and so on.

Speaking about apparel, I would rather go with a t-shirt with that other mint leaf logo that someone in the community made a while ago and have "Linux Mint" printed somewhere else with smaller text, it looks (my personal opinion) more trendy.
tamarin
Level 1
Level 1

Postby highlandeur on Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:07 am

FedoraRefugee wrote:I am wearing my mint undies right now! Of course I had to make them myself. I just used a green sharpie... :shock:

LOL, thanks for sharing. I don't know if this company still do them but if you really wanted linux mint undies then you could try getting a quote from Leighmans - I quote like the idea of boxers myself.
highlandeur
Level 1
Level 1

Postby tdockery97 on Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:47 am

Wow, Mint's hitting the big time.

HP Pavilion 17 Notebook, 8GB DDR3, 2.5GHZ A10-APU, Radeon HD 8650G
Registered Linux User #520972
tdockery97
Level 13
Level 13

Postby vardomescro on Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:55 am

+1 for Swag. Mark me down for a T. Prefer black, will wear white. :D

Re: that German site, is that an 'official' Linux Mint site (i.e. ~ does Clem, et.al. benefit from the proceeds)? If so, how would we get something with the same products in U.S.A. so we wouldn't get hit with the shipping?
vardomescro
Level 1
Level 1

Postby jokersloose on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:23 am

I would be in on a shirt maybe a bumper sticker and such. So long as some of the $ went back to Clem and his team.
jokersloose
Level 4
Level 4

Postby jesica on Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:45 am

We have tried this before, it would be awesome

but it does not look if Clem will make this heppens, anyway, I think he is to busy
jesica
Level 8
Level 8

Postby willie42 on Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:23 pm

Well now maybe Clem can pick someone on his team of make an addition to the team to make this happen.
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Postby BostonPeng on Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:59 pm

My go-to place for custom tees is Spreadshirt. They only do wearables, not stickers, buttons, coffee cups and the such, but I love the quality of their tees. They have a lot of options for shirt color and fonts, and their service is top notch. They also ship everything within 48 hours of the order being placed so it may be something to think about.
J.M. "BostonPeng" Hardin
Now very happily running SolydK
My new Linux blog: Tux + Me
It's time for Dodgers baseball!
BostonPeng
Level 5
Level 5

Postby BostonPeng on Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:59 am

Have you looked at Spreadshirt, kellybrook? They have some great shirts available, as well as caps, plus I've seen they've brought back non-wearables like buttons and bags. Their prices are great, they print the designs quickly, and I haven't found better customer service anywhere else.
J.M. "BostonPeng" Hardin
Now very happily running SolydK
My new Linux blog: Tux + Me
It's time for Dodgers baseball!
BostonPeng
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Oscar799 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:13 pm

Deleted a couple of spam posts - hope the thread still makes sense
"Don't fix it if it ain't broken,don't break it if you can't fix it" Husse
Registered Linux User #511789
Oscar799
Level 18
Level 18

Postby brad000143 on Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:26 am

yes it is .....
brad
brad000143
Level 1
Level 1

Postby micheljack on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:40 am

Any thoughts on getting shirts,hats or hoodies to sell? The BBQ would be a great time to sell. I have a couple friends that own shops that I'm sure would give a good deal. If someone comes up with design I can get pricing. Moe
micheljack
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Promotion