podcasts on ipod nano

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
nalsdixit
Level 3
Level 3

podcasts on ipod nano

Post by nalsdixit »

i was using gpodder on mint 8 gloria to download and then sync podcasts to my ipod nano. worked fine

however i am not able to get podcasts transferred/synced to my ipod using mint 9 isadora, nor now LMDE. i have tried gpodder and rythmbox

what are you using to download and sync podcasts to your ipod

nals
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Serendipity

Re: podcasts on ipod nano

Post by Serendipity »

I have used a number of different programs to manage my Ipod since 2005. Right now on LMDE I use gpodder to download and gtkpod to manage the transfer to the ipod. Its a two step process, but it is reliable. Gtkpod will transfer music from your files as well.
nalsdixit
Level 3
Level 3

Post by nalsdixit »

thank you serendipity

i installed gtkpodder as well. i have no issue downloading the podcasts using g-podder, but how to i get them onto my ipod with gtkpodder ? tried a few things, but did not suceed

tks

nals
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

Its relatively simple, although the process is different for LMDE than for LM 10. For LMDE, turn on the ipod first (this is important). Plug in the usb, and when the ipod icon shows up on the desktop, open gtkpod. The name of of your ipod should be displayed in the left hand box. To transfer files from gpodder, click on your ipod, click on add files (for example from /home/whatever_your_ home_is_called/gpodder-downloads). There is a sync feature, but I don't use it. If gtkpod doesn't recognize your ipod, go to edit>repository/ipod options and click on add new repository/ipod and enter the information about your ipod, then plug in the ipod (turned on of course).

In LM 10, a screen will pop up after you plug in the ipod asking what program you want to use for the ipod. Gtkpod isn't listed, so I chose the command option at the bottom and write "gtkpod" in the space provided and gtkpod opens all configured.
nalsdixit
Level 3
Level 3

Post by nalsdixit »

thank you serendipity

that more or less works

only issue is that the podcasts do not show up under the 'podcast' menu on the ipod, but on under the 'music' menu

so, it is functional, but would be better if they showed up under 'podcasts'

any fix for that?

other than that am happy i can use my ipod

tks

nals
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

I created a playlist which I call "Podcasts" that I use for my downloads. Its in the wrong place, but it works well enough for me.

Return to “LMDE Archive”