Winfast PX8600 GTS TDH [ CARD DROPPED ]

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Dar-es-Salaam

Winfast PX8600 GTS TDH [ CARD DROPPED ]

Post by Dar-es-Salaam »

hi,
i am trying to find a driver for a winfast px8600 gts tdh graphics card for lmde. is their one available or do i have to get another graphics card of simply go back to using windows which i don't want to do.
any help please
cheers
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Winfast PX8600 GTS TDH

Post by richyrich »

I use smxi/sgfxi to find and install my drivers in Mint Debian . . . http://smxi.org/site/install.htm
Dar-es-Salaam

Post by Dar-es-Salaam »

Hi richyrich.

Thanks for the info. I tried what you suggested and accepted what was suggested as a trial run and it totally messed up my system. the only way out that i now is to reinstall LDME and now that wont reinstall either am now back on windows unfortunately until i can sort it out
cwsnyder

Post by cwsnyder »

If your video card is not supported by the latest nVidia proprietary driver and the generic nVidia driver doesn't support all of the features and/or speed you wanted to get from the card, you are stuck with Windows until enough information is available from nVidia to support the card.

Many peripherals on the 'bleeding edge' of technology don't get the support for GNU/Linux from the manufacturers that Windows and OS X get, because we are perceived as a 'niche' market without many dollars to be gained from giving the support.

Return to “LMDE Archive”