ipod touch in rhythmbox

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
ChromeMukuro

ipod touch in rhythmbox

Post by ChromeMukuro »

i am attempting to once again plug my ipod touch into my computer to sync music. LMDE sees it, mounts it as a drive, but i cannot get it to appear in rhythmbox. what do i need to do for this to happen?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: ipod touch in rhythmbox

Post by richyrich »

what do i need to do for this to happen?
Go to Apple and tell them to port it to Linux.

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... od#p342577
ChromeMukuro

Post by ChromeMukuro »

well short of talking to apple, i installed libimobiledevice and dependencies, as well as other related apps i use (looking at my install of LM10 for the app list, as well as my LM9) and it still does not work. i have not tried rebooting however... might that be why it is not showing up?
chinapeak

Post by chinapeak »

I'm also having problems getting my ipod touch recognised in linux mint. I'm not sure if this helpful, but I found a page that suggests why it doesn't work and also a possible fix: http://libiphone.lighthouseapp.com/proj ... t-detected

A user suggests: "Modify two places:
1. In daemon/usb.h, change #define PID_RANGE_MAX 0x129a to #define PID_RANGE_MAX 0x129f. Recompile usbmuxd with cmake, install it.
2. Modify udev rules to recongize ipod touch 4g. In /lib/udev/rules.d/85-usbmuxd.rules, change ATTR{idProduct}=="129[0-9a]" to ATTR{idProduct}=="129[0-9ae]". Restart udev by "sudo restart udev"."

The problem with this is that in linux mint there isn't a file called 85-usbmuxd.rules in the rules.d folder. Also I'm not sure how to modify usb.h.

I haven't tried installing latest released usbmuxd 1.0.6 version, my system is busy installing the latest mint updates. I might give this option a whirl once it's finished.
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Gosh . . I gave you folks the link in my first post . . https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Porta ... ces/iPhone
ChromeMukuro

Post by ChromeMukuro »

i followed the link, however the software for it is not installed here on LMDE by default. of course i installed. i then shut down rhythmbox, reopened, and my ipod still did not show up in rhythmbox
Brazcan

Post by Brazcan »

Any confirmed solutions for this problem in sight? I am looking forward to making the switch to LMDE, but only if I can sync my ipod with rythmbox. Running as LiveCD had the same problem reported above: ipod mounts but is not recognized by Rythmbox. Quite frustrating, since LDME is supposed to have all the features of Mint 10.
rameshkarthik

Post by rameshkarthik »

Hi,

I'm also facing a similar issues where my rhythmbox was able to show the iPod in Devices. But when I click the iPod icon under devices I'm getting no songs that are present in my iPod and I'm sure that there are more than 1000 songs in my iPod.

Also when I try to add songs into iPod by dragging the songs and dropping them on the iPod icon nothing is happening. This was working perfectly in linux mint 9 but currently I have linux mint 10

Any help would be appreciated
tommiechan

Post by tommiechan »

i have an iPod shuffle and when i first plugged in the USB connector thing, it showed up in Rythmbox. It gave me the little loading bar thing in the bottom for 10 minutes. I got fed up and "x"d out. I went to Rythmbox again with renewed patience but it wasn't even recognized as a device. I did the whole safely unplug rigmarole thing and unplugged it and replugged it and it still doesn't work. Any ideas as to how i can get it to show up? I have Mint 9

Return to “LMDE Archive”