Cannot install LMDE [SOLVED]

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
madgenius

Cannot install LMDE [SOLVED]

Post by madgenius »

Moving from openSuSE 11.3; decided to switch to LMDE.

Downloaded the .iso and burnt it onto a DVD. Can boot into a live session, and start the installer, but get stuck at the same point all the time. The progress bar goes upto about 75%, with a message saying "mounting /dev/sda6/ on /target/", but nothing happens after this.

It seems to be stuck at this point. Tried shutting down the machine, and redoing the whole process, but I run into the same error again.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Gramps50

Re: Cannot install LMDE

Post by Gramps50 »

Sounds like you could have a bad cd image. Sometimes it is something as simple as fingerprint on the cd. I use automotive spray wax to clean my cd making sure that I wipe across the cd and not in a cicular motion.

For some reason the CD/DVDs burn better if they are burnt at the slowest speed, so if the above doesn't help I would reburn the cd/DVD using the slowest speed and check the md5 checksum when finished
madgenius

Post by madgenius »

Thanks Gramps50.

What you suggested seemed to be the issue. Downloaded the iso again, checked md5 and this time it installed alright.

Time for me to get to know LMDE!
Gramps50

Post by Gramps50 »

madgenius wrote:Thanks Gramps50.

What you suggested seemed to be the issue. Downloaded the iso again, checked md5 and this time it installed alright.

Time for me to get to know LMDE!
Glad it worked out and you got it installed. I like LMDE and can't wait for the update that is suppose to be out sometime in Dec no other time frame given.

Welcome to the Mint Community

Return to “LMDE Archive”