Pan. How do I post an mp3?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
goldstar1
Level 2
Level 2

Pan. How do I post an mp3?

Post by goldstar1 »

anyone know how to post an mp3 file in pan?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

The pan I know is a god in greek mythology or a gtk newsreader....
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

Husse wrote: gtk newsreader....
That's probably what he asked about ... e.g. how to post a MP3 file to a newsgroup via 'pan' ...
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Pan. How do I post an mp3?

Post by scorp123 »

goldstar1 wrote:anyone know how to post an mp3 file in pan?
"Just do it." ... Unless I am missing something I fail to see where your problems are. Using 'pan' is as straight-forward and easy as it can get.
goldstar1
Level 2
Level 2

Post by goldstar1 »

It might sound simple to you.

There are no instructions on how to upload an mp3 file, not even on their website.

I know how to post a message, but there doesn't seem to be any place where I can attach or upload mp3 file.

I've been unable to find any instructions on how to do this.
yuri21

Post by yuri21 »

goldstar1 wrote:It might sound simple to you.

There are no instructions on how to upload an mp3 file, not even on their website.

I know how to post a message, but there doesn't seem to be any place where I can attach or upload mp3 file.

I've been unable to find any instructions on how to do this.
Why not put the mp3 file on some place like Rapidshare, instead? The only downside is that the file will be taken offline if there hasn't been a couple of downloads within 30 to 90 days.
goldstar1
Level 2
Level 2

Post by goldstar1 »

Hum...never heard of that place. I'll remember it though when i want to share files to someone I know.

Newsgroups are pretty anonymous. Most posters do not use their actual email addresses or names, an internet hacker would know how to ping the posters ip address to inform them where to download their mp3 file.

There was a simple request that I could honor in newsgroups, but all I know how to do is post a text message. To send a picture, mp3, avi or a series of rar files, it appears that I need another program than Pan.

But thanx for the post, I know I'll use at some point.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Oh dear - this shows how things change - I didn't think uploading a file was possible in a newsreader. When I think of it I haven't used a newsgroup for the last five years or more :)
It's mainly forums these days :)

Return to “Other topics”