Running exe file under wine in fluxbox

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Huffern

Running exe file under wine in fluxbox

Post by Huffern »

Before i ask my question: I have searched the forum and tried finding help for my problem, but i cant find any good information anywhere. I have also tried google.

Im trying to run Spotifyinstaller.exe under wine but this message keep popping up:

The file '/home/User/Downloads/Spotify Installer.exe' is not marked as executable. If this was downloaded or copied form an untrusted source, it may be dangerous to run. For more details, read about the executable bit.

I have tried: right clicking the .exe file -) clicking properties - permissions but there aint no "mark as executable" checkbox in there to check/uncheck.

Please help, what can i do to make spotifyinstaller.exe run?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Huffern

Re: Running exe file under wine in fluxbox

Post by Huffern »

Thanks, but didnt help me much :?
And i have tried both links.
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

I don't know what's your problem :roll: but I made right button click and chosen Open with ---> Wine loader
Here is the result of the choice:

http://yfrog.com/ccspotify048setup007p

And this way it looks after successful install:

http://yfrog.com/4rspotify008p

No other comments...
Huffern

Post by Huffern »

If i could run the installer just by clicking "open with wine windows program loader" then i wouldnt have a problem..

Like i said in the first post, this message keep popping up when i try to run the installer:

The file '/home/User/Downloads/Spotify Installer.exe' is not marked as executable. If this was downloaded or copied form an untrusted source, it may be dangerous to run. For more details, read about the executable bit.

There aint any checkbox to mark the spotifyinstaller.exe as executable.. I know you can find this checkbox in ubuntu.. but in this fluxbox edition it isnt there.

I need a guide on how to fix this and run the installer, because i have tried but i cant find any solution.
shane
Level 5
Level 5

Post by shane »

My suggestion would be that you install PlayOnLinux (search the Software Center) and install Spotify using that. How to: In the PlayOnLinux window, click Install. In the installer search for Spotify and click Apply. Follow the Spotify installation as usual.
tony4strings

Post by tony4strings »

In a terminal type "wine explorer" (that could actually be "Wine explorer - I haven't used it in a while). That will open an explorer window, navigate to the spotify.exe file and you can install / run it from there.
prateek

Post by prateek »

Go to the dir of the .exe file (with window manager)

Delete any spaces in the name of the file

Right-click open folder in terminal

Then type

Code: Select all

chmod 544 [name of file with .exe]
I had this exact same problem and this fixed it

If you can't understand what I typed then see this detailed tutorial

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... ox#p375690

Return to “Software & Applications”