Anybody else try out the Squeeze b1 net install?

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
azathoth

Anybody else try out the Squeeze b1 net install?

Post by azathoth »

I just finished with it and then converted it all over to Sid and I was really impressed. The net install itself was a tad slow but it didn't miss a beat and the entire process from start to finish didn't really take all that long at all. Getting my tools, a patched kernel, Compiz, the Firewall, assorted gtk engines set up properly only took another few minutes. Hardware detection was perfect. I mean you could have pushed me over with a feather. Pretty nice for a beta and really damn nice for Sid.
I guess this is a beta of the installer that will be shipping with Squeeze next month. I still had to get my own Firefox and a few other odds and ends. Really nice though, I'll be keeping this one.
Anyway, anybody else try it yet?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Suo_Eno

Re: Anybody else try out the Squeeze b1 net install?

Post by Suo_Eno »

I want to.I'm looking at this community tut but I'm a bit cautious about a 32 bit/i386 setup.Can you post a rough tut of how you'd do it?

Also say if I'm just lazy (I am ;p~), I'm looking at these Debian Live daily isos; I'm interested in the GNOME iso hybrid but it's a whopping 1.1Gb dl?Should I get that or the normal weekly install CDs or it'd be just the same thing?
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

I did !! But, then, I have configured my own debian 5.0.3 from a net.install before.

I downloaded the weekly-build of Debian testing on Oct. 29th . . . debian-squeeze-live-beta1-amd64-xfce-desktop.iso

But, then I am a Debian fanatic . . . I even like Linux Mint Debian Edition.
cpatrick08

Post by cpatrick08 »

azathoth wrote:I just finished with it and then converted it all over to Sid and I was really impressed. The net install itself was a tad slow but it didn't miss a beat and the entire process from start to finish didn't really take all that long at all. Getting my tools, a patched kernel, Compiz, the Firewall, assorted gtk engines set up properly only took another few minutes. Hardware detection was perfect. I mean you could have pushed me over with a feather. Pretty nice for a beta and really damn nice for Sid.
I guess this is a beta of the installer that will be shipping with Squeeze next month. I still had to get my own Firefox and a few other odds and ends. Really nice though, I'll be keeping this one.
Anyway, anybody else try it yet?
could you put the steps you did to convert it to sid i want to do it and don't know how to convert it to sid

Return to “Chat about Linux”