Best Distro

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hrzenator

Best Distro

Post by hrzenator »

Yello
I have tested linux distros for many years (mainly debian based nowdays ) and i have stuck on Mint, it is just nice.
I am open minded for all operating systems and tested many less known also.
I am age of 40 now, so i have many bit years behind, since 1980..
I live in finland and yes, i am a geeg...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jesica

Re: Best Distro

Post by jesica »

hallo

welcome to the forum
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Hello and welcome.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
TBABill
Level 6
Level 6

Post by TBABill »

Hello and welcome aboard! Like you, I have continued to switch distros and test them all out time and time again. What I find myself doing is coming back to Ubuntu or Mint every time. Then I get bored and stray, just to find myself back again. Mint is just awesome in looks, functionality, community, etc. Enjoy!
lauren

Post by lauren »

Hi!
My solution - after having installed and tested many distributions - I had installed LM 10 Gnome and added KDE, so I can choose between Gnome and KDE after booting.
lauren
mads

Post by mads »

Hi! And Welcome to the forums. :)

Have you tested Fedora based distro Fusion Linux?
Here's a quote from their home page:
Fusion Linux is also very much influenced by Linux Mint and its community.
seeley

Post by seeley »

Hi!
After testing Linux for several years, I can say, that for my purpose - as a normal user - Mint 9 KDE and Julia and Fedora and openSUSE (has the best installer) are top. The problem of Fusion could be that it is not known (not under the first 100 distris of Distrowatch) and without wide help (forum?).
seeley
mads

Post by mads »

seeley wrote:The problem of Fusion could be that it is not known (not under the first 100 distris of Distrowatch)...
Are you sure? :)
http://distrowatch.com/stats.php?section=popularity
Last 3 months: 54
Last 1 month: 28
wayne128

Post by wayne128 »

I tested Fusion 14 alpha, one comment, it cut down my install time when compared with Fedora ( a lots of post installation work, took hours and yet some problems :? :shock: ).
Fusion comes with several things working out of the box like codec, flash etc plus it has autoten.
After playing with Omega and Fusion, I know I need not play with Fedora :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
seeley

Post by seeley »

Hi mads!
Okay, I was looking at Distrowatch / homepage -> page hit ranking.
seeley
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello hrzenator,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 58#p302358
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
For real-time help and discussion there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
Have fun with Mint
hrzenator

Post by hrzenator »

Thank you all welcomes and advices, i hope i could also give something "nice to know" `s for linux users.
Mainly i've used ubuntu on my work laptop and VirtualBox and kvm/qemus offers good tools for continuing "playing with linuxes" hobby ;)
i have struggled various problems with things and that, always user forums has offer some kind of rope to catch.
BR:HrZ
Murdock

Post by Murdock »

Mint is the best distro right now. Vector is working on the next release. It may be equal, or better. We shall see.I have both on this machine.Vector is much faster.
danny0085

Post by danny0085 »

This article may help you to decide what is the best linux distro for you
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard

Return to “Introduce Yourself”