Yet Another ERROR from Mint Update

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
malligt
Level 4
Level 4

Yet Another ERROR from Mint Update

Post by malligt »

It's quite frustrating to have all these <errors> via mint update....Does somebody/anybody on the Mint Dev Team proof these updates (especially the #1 priority ones) before the go out to the server for the general public?

The track record of LMDE update "errors" since its release to users is less than spectacular.

LMDE as whole is very nice.... just the updating process and its errors, and on occasions they've even bricked my system.....

Today-- December 2--a notification of a #1 priority update errors out and won't install....geesh.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
NJ_Dude

Re: Yet Another ERROR from Mint Update

Post by NJ_Dude »

I'm having the same problem, in my case, the one not installing is MINTDESKTOP I keep getting the error "There's no script in the new version of the package - giving up", the package is mintdesktop_3.2.2_all.deb
bedo2991

Post by bedo2991 »

It looks like it refers to gdm instead of gdm3...
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Post by tenfoot »

I think you are all being too harsh on the developers. At the very outset you were told that LMDE is an experimental version and there were no guarantees that it would be suitable for everyday use.

I have been using it since it came out. Yes, there have been some minor issues. Even though I am not really technically minded, I have managed to solve most of them. Any others have been quickly resolved by members of the forum.
Bonsaii

Post by Bonsaii »

+1 to that,

LMDE works great,

one or two minor hick-ups so far and always the solution right here on the board!

Return to “LMDE Archive”