Hi guys.

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
BubbleQ

Hi guys.

Post by BubbleQ »

Hi linux guys!

I am a 18 year old student from Sweden. I have been using Mint 10 for about three weeks now, it is really my very first deep linux experience. Before I have only seen some computers with Ubuntu but never used it.
So these last three weeks has been like a wake-up process for me :) I had no clue about how big the effort behind linux community is, it is really breath-taking. Linux kinda surprise me everyday^^ But enough of the linux elegance.

As I said I am a student, going a techincal course in school. I spend most of my freetime with friends or in front of my computer. My hobbies is generally, create worlds and exploring new things. I used to build alot of game maps for source engine games, also help with building mods. Allways liked the idea of starting something new, something with a personoal tuch ;) Why I used the source engine is ofc beacause the Half-life games!
I also spend alot of my freetime thinking on politics, ethic questions, bigbrother enviorment, and on my faith.

I have allways been interesting in how programing works but never really come to shoot. So this year in school I joined a Python class and started going through The python tutorial. I am done with it now and have just started to play with difrent moduels and pygame. The goal I have is to create a ripoff on Chip Challenge :)

Cheers

Emil BubbleQ Dahlqvist
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
inktitan

Re: Hi guys.

Post by inktitan »

Chips challenge is a great game. I made it as far as level 11 i think. I wasn't the best at it. Welcome to Mint and Linux. I too enjoy creating and I have started a game using C programing but haven't got past the text phase. A friend of mine is doing the 3D stuff. I hope you enjoy Linux and stick around.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Hi Emil, and welcome to Linux Mint. It is amazing, isn't it? So many people involved, and none of them trying to become rich at it. They all just love the idea of open source and freedom.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
jesica

Post by jesica »

welcome to the forum
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello BubbleQ,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 58#p302358
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
For real-time help and discussion there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
Have fun with Mint

Return to “Introduce Yourself”