Wine - installation support file could not be installed

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
T J Tulley
Level 5
Level 5

Post by T J Tulley »

Using wine 0.9.41 to install FTM2006 to LinuxMint3.0 Cassandra I get the error message in the subject line.

Detail: the full error message (possibly generated by FTM2006) is:
---------------------
fixme:ntdll:FILE_GetNtStatus Converting errno 19 to STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
err:virtual:NtMapViewOfSection map_file_into_view 0x350000 1000 000000000 failed
err:storage:ImplBIGBLOCKFILE_WriteAt Unable to get a page to write. This should never happen
---------------------

Yours hopefully, -

Theo Tulley.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Could this have anything to do with your problematic hard drive setup?
I.e. out of space or trying to write to the wring disk or some such
T J Tulley
Level 5
Level 5

Post by T J Tulley »

Thanks again Husse - Plenty of room on all working partitions. Addresses/paths carefully set. Can I expect Wine to run FTM2006? Can I also expect it to run the driver for my webcam?

I am very anxious to simplify my set-up - first I need to check the md5sum in my Cassandra installation cd - can you please tell me what that should be? The disc contains a file ./md5sum.txt, which contains a list of 37 files with their individual md5sum values. The last of these is .md5sum.txt itself.

I can't find the original download from which I burned the disc - it should be in my Bianca installation, which I still have. Of course I can do another download and check that if you can please give me the value.

I have tried to run the command md5sum from /media with argument cdrom0 and it responds: Is a directory. Similarly I tried running it from cdrom0 with argument ./isolinux, with the same response. Evidently it will only report on individual files.

Are the values given in md5sum.txt on the disc the values which should be returned for the individual files if they are checked. Must I check them individually? [Does Cassandra or its repository include a program for comparing strings? - I'm lazy!]

Yours hopefully, -

Theo Tulley.
nick
Level 5
Level 5

Post by nick »

Husse

Post by Husse »

You find the med5sum for the ISO on the download page
You check the iso with th command md5sum /path_to/your_ISO
bin
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Wine - installation support file could not be installed

Post by bin »

T J Tulley wrote:Thanks again Husse - Plenty of room on all working partitions. Addresses/paths carefully set. Can I expect Wine to run FTM2006? Can I also expect it to run the driver for my webcam?
FTM is not happy in Wine - its database engine just doesn't play.

I exported my old FTM stuff to GED and then dropped it straight into GRAMPS - which is altogether nicer anyway IMHO.

Webcam may work - you don't say what it is so try it and see

in light

bin

Return to “Software & Applications”